Post Reply Post New Topic     Page  of 3 Next
support212
Cadet
[GM]Cookie
Online Status: Offline

Topic: OGP Launcher Guide 101
Posted: May 13 2010 at 11:06am
Quote support212 Reply
Hey guys! [GM]BeatriceXII at your service!

There has been a lot of questions, concerns, and confusions about the new OGP Launcher that has been implemented in La Tale.  Not to worry, all these issues can be solved with these tips that I am about to tell you.

>> Uninstall EVERYTHING! I know its going to take a long while to install the game back, but I assure you its highly recommended.

Some of you may have recieved something like "Please install the game" or something along those lines.  The reason for this is because the Launcher does not recognize the old La Tale, and/or could not find La Tale if the files have been moved somewhere in your computer. 

Originally posted by entropic

Easy fix for this:

1. If you have ever uninstalled a version of LaTale and have yet to install another version, reinstall some version of LaTale at some location on your computer. (Be sure to remember the location)

2. If you haven't ever uninstalled LaTale, or you just finished reinstalling a LaTale version, what you need to do is copy all the files from your OGP LaTale folder, to the folder of the MOST RECENT version of LaTale you installed. Once you overwrite the files, just run the OGP launcher. It'll check the registry entry and be like, "HEY! I see LaTale over there!" The launcher will go into the corresponding folder and look for LaTaleLauncher.exe (they're all named that, in every version) and be like, "HEY! This is the launcher that the registry entry pointed to!" Then it'll run it, but since you're a sneaky little bas...rascal, it'll run OGP's LaTale instead!

EDIT: A second option is just to reinstall OGP LaTale, but my way will keep you from the need to patch/download LT again.

>> Go to our Client Page on our website and install the Launcher. Make sure you do this FIRST!!

Make sure you follow its instructions.

>> Now you may install the game client from our website.  You can find more information on how to install there. 

After installing both the launcher and the game,  everything should be up and clear and hopefully you won't be recieving any new errors.  Now its time to tell you guys how to start the game.

1)  If you click on the game icon on your desktop, you will end up on our home page.  No this is not an error. This is actually perfectly normal. From there, you can click on the GAME START button located near your User ID [That big red button with a cute little dragon].

2) This will open up the OGP Launcher!

As you can see, the Launcher now recognizes the La Tale you have recently installed, so now you can simply click on La Tale here and press Game Start, which will then open up the La Tale Launcher that you are all familiar with. 

You can also play other games that you have installed from OGP, like Lost Saga! =)

If for some reason you have recieved other errors, please report to Help Desk!

More additional info that ran into while looking through the forums:

Originally posted by Furryloves

A guildie told me he had a solution for his x-trap dc issue, so i thought I'd try it out, and it worked!

Here's what to do:

Have the OGP launcher up, and launch latale normally, when it starts loading the game (the part where it normally goes to the log in screen before) Alt-Tab and load up the launcher again and launch latale another time! It will say LaTale is already running in a little box, DO NOT TOuCH THAT BOX. Lease it open and Alt-Tab back to LaTale and there you have it, X-trap shouldn't bother you again! :D

I'm not sure this works for everyone so please don't kill me if it doesnt work for you. But it seems to work for many. Good Luck!!! :D!

Thank you and have a nice day~

Edited by support212 - May 19 2010 at 3:03pm
IP IP Logged
Cydia
Commander

Posted: May 13 2010 at 11:53am Quote Cydia Reply
Could you also include a way in the guide for people to use VLOW to get into LaTale? That'd be real spiffy and make the game playable for many again, and would give others the chance to experience the game with less lag.
IP IP Logged
pickledee
Cadet

Posted: May 13 2010 at 12:39pm Quote pickledee Reply
I followed exactly what you said:
1) Uninstalled everything,
2) Downloaded game launcher first,
3) Installed the game again from the website.

With 120% of hope, I started the game, ready to go Hell's Door.
Instead, I went to another hell.
I got d/c'ed within 2 minutes.

T___T

IP IP Logged
Silver1117
Major

Posted: May 13 2010 at 12:44pm Quote Silver1117 Reply
And I thought Hell was easy to get into.

Somewhat surprised you didn't add to run it as an administrator for some. It may not change much, but it's a step you could take.

Edited by Silver1117 - May 13 2010 at 1:06pm

Laziness is winning.
IP IP Logged
pickledee
Cadet

Posted: May 13 2010 at 12:49pm Quote pickledee Reply

Btw, I got d/c'ed in the same way...by x-trap.

"Adnormal game client has been detected, please reinstall game client..."
IP IP Logged
support212
Cadet
[GM]Cookie

Posted: May 13 2010 at 1:09pm Quote support212 Reply
Would you happen to have games that have "Game Guard?"

Unfortunately there are some conflictions with X-trap and another anti-cheat program like Game Guard.  One of the temporary solutions to try and resolve this is to delete the other games who may have Game Guard.
We are working to try and fix the X-trap compatability issues though.

You can find the original link to the notice regarding X-trap issues here : http://www.ogplanet.com/news/ogp/notice/2369/view.og
IP IP Logged
toyw
Cadet

Posted: May 13 2010 at 1:20pm Quote toyw Reply

Nope I don't have any other games with Game Guard.  =/

IP IP Logged
pickledee
Cadet

Posted: May 13 2010 at 1:25pm Quote pickledee Reply
Me neither.
IP IP Logged
support212
Cadet
[GM]Cookie

Posted: May 13 2010 at 1:26pm Quote support212 Reply

Hmmm...well if you happen to have other games that have anti-cheat programs you might have to uninstall those games until we fix this issue with XTRAP.

Otherwise, send a screenshot of any error codes you are experiencing to Help Desk. 
IP IP Logged
pickledee
Cadet

Posted: May 13 2010 at 2:17pm Quote pickledee Reply
Screenshot sent.
IP IP Logged
support201

Posted: May 13 2010 at 3:10pm Quote support201 Reply
Originally posted by Cydia

Could you also include a way in the guide for people to use VLOW to get into LaTale? That'd be real spiffy and make the game playable for many again, and would give others the chance to experience the game with less lag.

Unfortunately because that is a third party program, we do not specifically offer support for it.  We will be unable to help with any conflicting problems regarding it.
IP IP Logged
aznsakura
Commander

Posted: May 13 2010 at 3:58pm Quote aznsakura Reply
Originally posted by support201

Unfortunately because that is a third party program, we do not specifically offer support for it.  We will be unable to help with any conflicting problems regarding it.

VLOW isn't a third party program. Your not using any program to run Latale. This is just basically connect to the client server directly.
Because of the new launcher it looks like connecting to the server has changed (and I'm guessing that is login before you start up the client)

Also VLOW help me stay log on since around Vintor update because of the X-trap error that kept of disconnecting me every 2 min. Now you basically made me not able to play this game anymore. And no I don't have any other game on my computer.
IP IP Logged
Quadnbolt9
Cadet

Posted: May 13 2010 at 6:12pm Quote Quadnbolt9 Reply
Originally posted by aznsakura

VLOW isn't a third party program. Your not using any program to run Latale. This is just basically connect to the client server directly. Because of the new launcher it looks like connecting to the server has changed (and I'm guessing that is login before you start up the client)Also VLOW help me stay log on since around Vintor update because of the X-trap error that kept of disconnecting me every 2 min. Now you basically made me not able to play this game anymore. And no I don't have any other game on my computer.

Glad I'm not the only one! Spent the last 2-3 hours looking for a way around it. It's very disappointing.

My five year old laptop starts skipping when playing Latale with more than one person on the screen and if it persists too long, it won't stop and a restart will be required to be able to move normally. If I go inside free market, I can't initiate a "run jump" cause my screen is skipping so badly. PVP and party grinding is basically out of the question. I couldn't even solo during a exp event!

Running on vlow mode eliminates ALL of that. You barely even notice a change in graphics which baffles even me. I don't skip on channel 1 elias or free market unless its actual lag or running too fast.

It is nothing special; not a hack or a cheat. I don't know why it isn't an option inside of the game. Probably a pain to program it as it would require the latale graphics to re-adjust. I think the vlow setting is a start up command line setting is actually PROVIDED BY the game programmers since you wouldn't be able to take the same command line parameter and use it for another game. But that is my assumption.

You don't need a third party program to run it. All it is is creating a shortcut of the latale client and put the details in the target line. For example, you put /full or /window for fullscreen or windowed respectively. (/Run:vlow) Look for the guide on google. With the new launcher, modifications had been made to the lataleclient.exe to auto log you in provided details from the new launchers (username/password). Thus running the client alone will not have those details and terminates on the exception. Again, my assumptions; I program for a living but I am certainly not a professional as of yet.

I can't understand why this wouldn't be allowed. Are you saying you want customers with low end computers to struggle playing the game? That's a good way to lose interest in the game and some of the playerbase. The only reason to keep this is if it prevents hackers. (hackers? I've never seen a hacker on latale except for the occasional someone hacked my account which could mean far less than "hacking") And I'm sure something this "simple" won't keep them off.

It is really too hard to add an exception if username and password isn't found? Instead of terminating the client, allow you to put the password in as before. I really do like the new launcher, I can check my rank, cool. But it is not worth this.. I'll take vlow over a 5th tier skill. Anyday.
</rant>
IP IP Logged
dillman
Commander

Posted: May 13 2010 at 6:22pm Quote dillman Reply

This is not a 3rd party program at all, it's not even a program in itself. All it is, is a code that runs graphics on low which is barley noticeable and without it I cannot play the game due to my computer being so old. This is ridiculous if you do not allow it because it shows that you WANT your players to be unable to play/lag. I'm not going to buy a new computer for a game that is just gonna pull a fast one at every corner like this.
IP IP Logged
mobqueen420
Space Cadet

Posted: May 13 2010 at 6:55pm Quote mobqueen420 Reply
is there a zip file download for just the new launcher?

IP IP Logged
modelx
Captain

Posted: May 13 2010 at 7:37pm Quote modelx Reply
ok wait. what if latale is recognized with out you having to reinstall it? my game plsyed fine. it just all the bugs like the 5th teir quest and coin boxes. =^/
IP IP Logged
rawrbaby87
Cadet

Posted: May 13 2010 at 10:29pm Quote rawrbaby87 Reply
i did that tooo

IP IP Logged
MurasameX
Lieutenant

Posted: May 13 2010 at 11:38pm Quote MurasameX Reply
GM makes me laugh out loud. I haven't even been able to take this anymore.

Let's count off every annoying problem that you fools have created with this.

Number one..No very low setting. No, it's not a third party program, as was explained. Although you must know this now, because you haven't replied.

Number two. One lag, just one lag while it does it's new auto-connect to the server and the server fails to respond. You know what you people programmed into happen after that? ----- Hint: It closes La Tale (CLOSES! Why can't we just log back in!?) AND opens up your internet browser with a completely pointless waste of RAM.

Number three: It adds more processor and RAM usage, even by minimizing it to the system tray. You know why? Because it's yet another process for the computer to read.

Number four: The auto login thing as a whole. This 'convenience' is a step backward, proven time and time again by other companies. Why couldn't we keep the conventional login screens?

Number five: This fits in with all the rest. Your prime astro buyers, such as myself, are unable to play. Do I need to take my money elsewhere? Maybe to a company that won't screw me over by using the money I gave them to lock-me-out-of-the-damn-game?

I do believe OGPlanet will be getting a call from me.
Hanabiru- 15x Strider

Wondering where the community of 2008 went.
IP IP Logged
billboxx
Cadet

Posted: May 14 2010 at 12:08am Quote billboxx Reply
did`nt work for me,got d/c after 2 mins again.
IP IP Logged
Erisior
Ensign

Posted: May 14 2010 at 12:45am Quote Erisior Reply
YOU LIAR! I BROKE MY KEYBOARD BECAUSE OF YOU!

DON'T ASK HOW I AM POSTING ON HERE! BUT ITS BROKEN!
IP IP Logged
Famus
Ensign

Posted: May 14 2010 at 1:08am Quote Famus Reply
Originally posted by MurasameX

Number one..No very low setting. No, it's not a third party program, as was explained. Although you must know this now, because you haven't replied.

Number two. One lag, just one lag while it does it's new auto-connect to the server and the server fails to respond. You know what you people programmed into happen after that? ----- Hint: It closes La Tale (CLOSES! Why can't we just log back in!?) AND opens up your internet browser with a completely pointless waste of RAM.

Number three: It adds more processor and RAM usage, even by minimizing it to the system tray. You know why? Because it's yet another process for the computer to read.

Number four: The auto login thing as a whole. This 'convenience' is a step backward, proven time and time again by other companies. Why couldn't we keep the conventional login screens?

Number five: This fits in with all the rest. Your prime astro buyers, such as myself, are unable to play. Do I need to take my money elsewhere? Maybe to a company that won't screw me over by using the money I gave them to lock-me-out-of-the-damn-game?

Everything in a nutshell...I was planning on stocking up on melee ultra packs but whats the use when you d/c every 3-7 minutes...Nobody won't have any motivation to play until these bugs are fixed and compensation of some sort is issued out to the players...
IP IP Logged
Lkynmbr24
Commander

Posted: May 14 2010 at 1:36am Quote Lkynmbr24 Reply
Originally posted by Famus

Everything in a nutshell...I was planning on stocking up on melee ultra packs but whats the use when you d/c every 3-7 minutes...Nobody won't have any motivation to play until these bugs are fixed and compensation of some sort is issued out to the players...
Lol, the compensation I'd like is that Advanced XP pot I couldn't get for logging in for 2 hours yesterday... what a letdown that this xtrap bull is still happening oo;
IP IP Logged
BBBLeo
Cadet

Posted: May 14 2010 at 2:29am Quote BBBLeo Reply

I may not be an astro buyer but I am one of the fans who really love this game and its sad that they updated the game with bugs preventing us to play it. 10 thumbs down.....
IP IP Logged
Silver1117
Major

Posted: May 14 2010 at 3:45am Quote Silver1117 Reply

I don't know about anyone else, but I actually applaud their consistency.

Name one other company with a near flawless track record of introducing new bugs and breaking something that had been working very well with each update.

Laziness is winning.
IP IP Logged
SegaFortress
Cadet

Posted: May 14 2010 at 7:32am Quote SegaFortress Reply
Originally posted by Silver1117

Name one other company with a near flawless track record of introducing new bugs and breaking something that had been working very well with each update.

The Government
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic     Page  of 3 Next
Printable version Printable version