FORUMS
Active Topics | Search | Settings
La Tale Forums / Class Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Macci's super fun class-choosing guide!
Post Reply Post New Topic     Page  of 4 Next
littlegirlpup
Major
Online Status: Offline

Topic: Macci's super fun class-choosing guide!
Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 4:52pm
Quote littlegirlpup Reply

Hello! :) My IGN is Macci and I am a proud owner of a level 184 Sorcerer; Bard; Blader; Gunslinger; Warlord; Treasure Hunter; and a Meister (deleted)! I have tried basically every class available up to this moment so I think I'll be able to give some good insight on what kind of game play each class requires!

First up I'll introduce the 5 classes you can start off as:

Wizard
Warrior
Explorer
Knight
Engineer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c5MeqD9tPY

Wizard is -obviously- a magical based class. Wizards have the choice of four elements: fire; water; wind; earth. They all have their good and bad sides, so it's best to either ask your friends opinions on what they like and dont like or simply try them all yourself! This class's weapon choices are staves (plural word of staff), daggers and shields. I suggest never going the dagger tree.. or any physical attack tree. You are a magical wizard! You use magic, not physical damage dealing weapons! I see that mistake a lot. :( If you enjoy using magic and somewhat ranged attacks with a bit of AoE then wizard is for you!

Wizards branch off to two classes:
Sorcerer and Bard.

Sorcerers are basically the same thing as wizards, just more buffed up and we can run around with orbs. It is not latency dependent and fairly easy to use as you don't need to focus too much on combos. With each element you get a decent amount of range and AoE. If you like the idea of killing things with nature's elements Sorcerer might be your class!

Bards are the healing support class in this game... well they can mostly be support but can also be offensive. Bards have the ability to use water magic (like sorcerers) as well as heal. Bards are the most wanted to heal in parties. They're very popular to grind with, especially since the coming of Colloseum and Spooky Village (two really popular grinding instances). If you enjoy healing and saving your friends, choose a Bard!

p.s Bards use guitars as their main weapon.

notes from other players:

Originally posted by uskdara

Guide seems alright but Wizard-Dagger combo is great especially early on. Wind-Dagger Wizards own. I guess learning the dagger skills themselves is a waste but there is little to no practical reason to use staff over dagger especially since dagger you can use a shield.

Warriors as the name implies are offensive characters. Warriors use two-handed swords, spears, and also have the choice of knuckles. LIKE the rest of the physical-damage dealing classes each weapon has two “trees” to go down. Most people who are completely new to this game usually choose warriors as their first class... mostly because it's a very generic class.

Warriors branch off in to two classes:

Warlord and Blader.

Warlords are just the buffed up class as warriors, you use the same weapons (besides knuckles) and have the same skills but as you level further you will eventually get the second form of each skill. Warlords are also known for their brutal strength and damage in this game, so if you're in to that choose this!

Bladers, on the other hand, have no attack skills whatsoever besides the default hard and light attacks. Bladers consists of buffs and keeping in tune with the amount of hits you make (with the default attack button) in order to combo. Bladers use dual swords, which attract most people but it is completely latency dependent in order to be fun. If you have very little to no lag in this game, go for it!

Explorers! Explores are what I like to call the money class. Their weapon choices consist of dagger, crossbow, and bow. If you enjoy farming, making money, and finding items you might want to choose explorer as your class. Both classes it branches off into are considered the best for farming items and money in the game.

Explorers branch off into two classes as well:

Treasure Hunter and Gunslinger.

Treasure Hunters are explorer's buffed up version. They get all of the same weapons and all of the same skills plus the second versions of them. Treasure Hunters are the game's true item-farming monsters. They have the potential to get plentyyy of idr (item drop rate—the drop rate used to get “rare blue named items” such as urns, weapons, and accessories) and have a skill in their miscellaneous tab that gives 300% idr if used on the killing hit of a monster.

Gunslinger is -as the name suggest- the class in this game that wields guns. Gunslingers and Bladers are the fastest killers in the game, which is why they are known for being able to farm a lot of money at a high level (15x or so, maybe lower). Gunslingers have the largest amount of range in the game and they are the easiest class to kite with.

Knights are the tanking class for this game. If you enjoy having the most hp and defense out of everyone, you'll love this! Knights have the choice to use knuckles, mace, and one handed swords. Mace and one-handed sword allow knights to use shields (they even get their own class-exclusive shields) for the extra defense and hp buff.

Knights can choose to become either:

Templar or Guardian.

Templars are basically the upgraded version of a knight, but you can not use knuckles. You do, however, have the power to self heal as well and also gain quite a few buffs (note that the self-heal only heals 30% of your hp and the misc buffs do NOT stack and only can be used in a party). Although Templars have a huge amount of defense, hp, and can be huge monsters overall they are somewhat slow in moving and killing. This is the class for you if you enjoy tanking!

Guardians are the only second class who use knuckles. It is also a class which requires a lot of patience... you literally end up having maybe 12 skills to use (or more!). Like Templars, Guardians are able to obtain a lot of HP and can be fairly strong, but they lack the defense their counterpart-class has. If you're somebody who needs a lot of attacks to keep themselves busy, I suggest guardian.

Last but not least:

Engineer! Engineers are as what you might assume the technical class. Engineers use little tool boxes (that look like brief cases) as their weapons and have pretty fun and flashy skills. They also have the ability to summon up little turrets that deals damage for a short time to enemies (yes, it works in PVP!). Engineer is a nice beginner class as its stats remain in the same number range and you don't really need to worry much about it until you're second job.

Speaking of second job, Engineer is the only class who has only ONE second class to change into which is Meister! Meisters ride in little robots called MG and its gameplay is compared to a mix of Blader and Templar. You attack using combos for the most part, but you also get a few skills here and there (only about 4 in total and they are completely different from engineer). Meisters are dependent on latency though, just like Bladers. Please take note though: Every different MG designed for Meisters combo differently.

notes from other players:

Originally posted by Chibijo101

You should tell them it's possible to stay Permanent Engineer!

Originally posted by breakinlimit

this is what makes that  a not so bad idea

Tool Box Mastery (Master)
Max Lv: 50
can level per 2 levels 60,62 etc. maxes out @ lv 110
point per lv required:2
Increases your min. and max. dmg. with tool boxes. +4max. and +2min. dmg. per skill level.
Notes     It adds to your tool box's raw max and min damage. (total of +200 max and +100 min if maxed)

also you can use colisuem bag / adv bag too. so weapon isnt a problem
also note antqueen bag gets more TDD as it is upgraded +1 per

That's it, really! I hope you found my guide to be a bit helpful. Good luck and welcome to LaTale! :)

If you have any questions regarding this guide or the game please feel free to comment and ask!

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped me with this guide-- whether it be with the video or taking screenshots of their characters or simple critiques. I don't think I would have been able to fix it like it is now without you guys. Thank you. :)

Edited by littlegirlpup - Dec 20 2010 at 7:59pm

~* "Pve is only for people who fail at Pvp" *~ (credit to Amimaru for the truthful quote)
IP IP Logged
HelloKitties
Time Splitter

Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 5:05pm Quote HelloKitties Reply
You should add some pictures of every class/weapon, and that the name of the robots is called MG in the game. :)

Good class introduction guide by the way!

Edited by HelloKitties - Oct 15 2010 at 5:05pm
IP IP Logged
littlegirlpup
Major

Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 5:09pm Quote littlegirlpup Reply
thank you! i changed it and i'll get an image of each class with their weapons soon orz

~* "Pve is only for people who fail at Pvp" *~ (credit to Amimaru for the truthful quote)
IP IP Logged
littlegirlpup
Major

Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 7:31pm Quote littlegirlpup Reply
:I...

IP IP Logged
littlegirlpup
Major

Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 8:21pm Quote littlegirlpup Reply
cam stop it lol seriously.

IP IP Logged
XenoStrike
Captain

Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 5:05am Quote XenoStrike Reply
If you have time,you should take a picture of skill in different classes.Yeah i know,it might take some time,but it's just my silly advise =).

IP IP Logged
littlegirlpup
Major

Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 8:44am Quote littlegirlpup Reply
that's a good idea! i'm not sure where i should incorporate that into though... like when i'm talking about each class i take a small ss of them doing one skill? or do you mean all skills..

IP IP Logged
breeglet
Major

Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 10:44am Quote breeglet Reply
cam why are you trying to ruin the guide it's actually pretty good lol. 
IP IP Logged
uskdara
Commander

Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 10:22pm Quote uskdara Reply
Guide seems alright but Wizard-Dagger combo is great especially early on. Wind-Dagger Wizards own. I guess learning the dagger skills themselves is a waste but there is little to no practical reason to use staff over dagger especially since dagger you can use a shield.

Edited by uskdara - Oct 16 2010 at 10:22pm

IGN: Uskdara 197 Strider
IP IP Logged
DiabloIIIMan
General

Posted: Oct 17 2010 at 12:27pm Quote DiabloIIIMan Reply
Originally posted by breeglet

cam why are you trying to ruin the guide it's actually pretty good lol. 

I'm kidding around, lol
IP IP Logged
littlegirlpup
Major

Posted: Oct 17 2010 at 4:42pm Quote littlegirlpup Reply
okay well can you DELETE your spam posts so i can regain the respect i had for you. :) don't be annoying on my thread, thank you.

IP IP Logged
Brigade
Cadet

Posted: Oct 18 2010 at 8:55am Quote Brigade Reply
This kinda makes me wanna go play my Sorc and burn things q_q
IP IP Logged
Iuci
Ensign

Posted: Oct 18 2010 at 9:49am Quote Iuci Reply
hi lose the opinions at the end of every class explanation because you make it seem like one class is better than the other. If this is a guide for new people to pick out a class, you should seem neutral about everything. Right now you make it look like OH HEY SORCS ARE THE BEST, MAKE ONE.

Aside from that though, good job.
Btw that gs example you have up there is gross.
Here:

IP IP Logged
XenoStrike
Captain

Posted: Oct 18 2010 at 10:30am Quote XenoStrike Reply
Originally posted by littlegirlpup

that's a good idea! i'm not sure where i should incorporate that into though... like when i'm talking about each class i take a small ss of them doing one skill? or do you mean all skills..

Yeah,all skills =) ^^
I can provide all WarLord skills =) since I am double tree.

Edited by XenoStrike - Oct 18 2010 at 10:36am

IP IP Logged
littlegirlpup
Major

Posted: Oct 18 2010 at 4:45pm Quote littlegirlpup Reply
hi i edited and fixed the guide to make it less biased.

@xeno i'm planning on making a compiliation of each classes' skills (with each tree!). if you don't mind maybe this weekend you can help me for spear warlord? i just need to find high level fire, earth, water sorcs, sword wl, and dagger, bow, and xbow th's. well at least high enough where they have all of their skills and 5th...!

IP IP Logged
HelloKitties
Time Splitter

Posted: Oct 18 2010 at 4:47pm Quote HelloKitties Reply
I have Bird Hunting for bow! I'm available this weekend too.
IP IP Logged
littlegirlpup
Major

Posted: Oct 18 2010 at 4:50pm Quote littlegirlpup Reply
!! yay! 8D i think LOLQUEET could do dagger, i just need a high level xbow person! i'll try to get in touch with you this weekend, broom.

IP IP Logged
HelloKitties
Time Splitter

Posted: Oct 18 2010 at 5:33pm Quote HelloKitties Reply
I'm pretty sure ShawtyMcGrillem(I think that's right) is an Xbow Needle Shower user, so maybe if you can get a hold of him he'd be willing. 

Edited by HelloKitties - Oct 18 2010 at 5:34pm
IP IP Logged
littlegirlpup
Major

Posted: Oct 18 2010 at 6:12pm Quote littlegirlpup Reply
i think i'll make a thread in the general discussion part since most people look there.

IP IP Logged
XenoStrike
Captain

Posted: Oct 18 2010 at 9:10pm Quote XenoStrike Reply
Yeah sure =D.I am always online in the morning and noon everyday.

IP IP Logged
KyubiDrako
Commander

Posted: Oct 19 2010 at 7:43am Quote KyubiDrako Reply
I'm an Arrow Rain bow user with my 5th tier if that'll be some note worthieness. o3o

IP IP Logged
littlegirlpup
Major

Posted: Oct 19 2010 at 3:15pm Quote littlegirlpup Reply
thinking it over i might record every tree and see what i can do when i have everything. please mail my character macci of when you're available. :)

IP IP Logged
Rikea
Captain

Posted: Oct 19 2010 at 6:40pm Quote Rikea Reply
Personally, I think you should add what each element/weapon does since fire and water are different...very different.  and i think that notes from other players should be added under that specfic class (chances are, if you wanna read only about mages, you're not gonna scroll down to the bottom to read all the other classes)

other than that, i'd just have to agree with the other guy who said that daggers aren't useless (its good for us slow attackers like fire and earth)
IP IP Logged
littlegirlpup
Major

Posted: Oct 19 2010 at 8:45pm Quote littlegirlpup Reply
well... it's a guide on what each class is like, not how to build up your sorc. :/ i'm not going to go through the guide and teach everyone how to gear their potential class. that's for a different guide for them to find.
and yeah that's a good idea. i'll edit it now.

IP IP Logged
Chibijo101
Major

Posted: Oct 20 2010 at 1:19pm Quote Chibijo101 Reply
You should tell them it's possible to stay Permanent Engineer!

IGN: is still Chibijo
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic     Page  of 4 Next
Printable version Printable version