FORUMS
Active Topics | Search | Settings
La Tale Forums / Guides
Message Icon Topic: Xenadia in Review(Topic Closed Topic Closed)
Post Reply Post New Topic
support210
Online Status: Offline

Topic: Xenadia in Review
Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 9:58am
Event Period-12/16~01/26
About– Write a Review (good or bad) about the Xenadia update for your chance to win!
How to Participate
With new content we know that you’ll have an opinion or two.  Now is your chance to be a video game reviewer and win prizes writing your thoughts! Write up a review of Xenadia, our new update, and post the review on either Facebook, any blog, any journal entry, or even any of your favorite gaming websites’ forums.
Please make sure that the forums/blog/journal you are writing on is active.  If the forum is a dead one, or the blog/journal has 0 readers, you will not be eligible for the prize. The review should cover multiple aspects of the game, and be broken into a few paragraphs.  Short one paragraph reviews will also not be eligible for the reward.
You are welcome to add in information regarding La Tale as a whole for this review of Xenadia, but make sure that you talk about the Xenadia update. Remember. It’s not about worshiping La Tale or Xenadia. It is about expressing your true opinion about them and we will appreciate your honesty.
Participation Prize-1x Gold Dart of Luck
Grand Prize–Any Astro Fashion Set of Choice
Date of Prize award- 01/13~01/14

Edited by support206 - Dec 20 2010 at 10:49am
IP IP Logged
hiperisaac5
Cadet

Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 1:54pm
well i forgot to put it in latale forums so here is the link to the post tell me if u lik eit :DDD AQUAPEWPEW RULES!!

IP IP Logged
zmat10
Cadet

Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 10:15pm
I think that xenadia is a totally new experience of gameplay...awesome monster and stages that i sawd in some japanese videos and as i was looking at it, i just said...Omg i barrely wait for it to come in Latale...even if it came out, i got alot to check and hoppefuly master xenadia as the others...also i think that the quests are some of the most relaxing quests i ever had...for example collecting dragon eggs which requires nothing but picking up..no killing what so ever....i would also like to say that i was waiting for a game like Latale in a long time and now...here it is.Also...Good luck in life all u people =D
down with lag and up with new server
IP IP Logged
Chronugaia
Commander

Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 8:05am
Xenadia? Hmm..... It didn't really make me tick when the update came because im lv 62 (lol). But the new field is awesome and has really wicked graphics. One thing that I noticed though is that the people with 3rd jobs have that weird graphic beneath their avatar, I dont think its a good idea since most MMORPG gams have that circle thing and thats what made la Tale special ;D. I liked the new skills especially the new skill for Holy Orders and Engistars. Some new skills though didn't quite make an appeal like the new skill for Treasure Hunters. Yeah, it looks good... doesn't seem right since it doesnt have anything to do with the weapon o.o . I ESPECIALLY liked the background music in Xenadia, beautifully arranged :D. The lobby and loading pages are awesome (made loading page my wallpaper :D) Btw, I hope there will be a second server soon ^_^. Oh and is there a word "Engistar"? XD.

I do like the new animations like the new walking/running styles. The duelists look like they're carrying anvils :D. I think I saw another npc near beauty shop, what is he for? One thing I also wondered why the ranking board isn't updated yet? It's only 2nd job people and I think I saw an Engi?(Why do I always and my paragraphs about this class tree?) xD

PEACE MEH BRUDDAHS AND SISTAHS XD

lame^...

This is a repost.(I extended it here since mine is illegible) link below:
IGN: Erzioneel
http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-general-chat/87829-xenadia-intro-p-2.html#post1425544

Edited by Chronugaia - Dec 18 2010 at 12:19am
IP IP Logged
aznhako
Cadet

Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 5:15pm
Not the best but it's my first time reviewing.

http://horiechan.blog123.fc2.com/blog-entry-95.html
IP IP Logged
dfer
Lieutenant

Posted: Dec 18 2010 at 5:50pm
I guess i could say that the Background music is by far better then the a lot of the others. though i still like Kazno's theme as my favorite. The Monsters are very simmilar to others and then different by far. Especcialy the Magicians.(particularly the Mage girl. MARISA FTW!)
Also the 3rd job is of course the sweetest part of it all. with now new skills and new animations it is definitly cool. Even though people say it is hard to get, i think it's worth it no matter how long u have to wait. though i guess my favorite 3rd job wold be Ruin Walker. Just the name of it is awesome! u get to carry a compass with u and the skills are beast. bow is like poison, anvil, and multi shot.Dagger is Rush attack and money throw. And C-bow is flamethrower. Personely i like the Dagger for the money throw.

But i guess a bad review would be that theres a major jump in monster lvls in xenidia goes from like 40 to 80 to 140 and then to 180. lvl 20 60 100 and 120 could have been good. For the 3rd Job its EXTREMELY hard to get!
and u have an extra bar to worry about doing the new skills.

Other then that it is all sweet.Keep up the good work OGP!
IGN:XakatsukiFANX
IP IP Logged
Kurishu
Lieutenant

Posted: Dec 19 2010 at 12:31am
Here's my review on Xenadia.
link and proof it's got quite a bit of readers: click me
IP IP Logged
Doxie
Cadet

Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 1:26pm
The map was alot different than anything else in la tale! I really enjoyed running though it and exploring. I even spent 4 minutes trying to break an ore block. The General setup of the map (I'm was only able to get put to the level 80 earth stage because I'm only level 114) makes alot of sense, to the point that with out even thinking about it you can successfully reach the next portal with out having to bring up the area map.
    A couple problems I should point out, the dungeon areas in the water zone where for very high levels even though they where situated in a low level area. It might be best to a level note on the title like (Deep See Solo 130~140) or what ever level its for. I almost killed my self when I decided to belly dive in with some purple fishes!
   I'm very excited about this map, it seems like it has a lot of secrets like thoes strange maps with the brown blocks that don't seem to go anywhere, unbreakable ores, and plants with interesting names. Its going to be fun to uncover more!

Thanks for reading. ^^ IGN: Aramet

Edited by Doxie - Jan 12 2011 at 3:23pm

Bazinga.
IP IP Logged
TinyRiceBalls
Commander

Posted: Dec 25 2010 at 10:22pm
Personally the map is Great But the Size is to big and annoying in many ways. Its a very Creative map and 3rd jobs are awsome. Tough the quests for 3 jobs are a little hard for a lvl 139~150 to solo tought. The monsters them selfs are very hard bascly because there dmg but there hp is quite low tought ,making the kills fast.There are many good and bad parts about the map.The sound is decent and the instances are creative in many ways.
~Overall the map Was Very exciting and new. Quests are a bit low in ely terms and the monsters are some times hard to find because the huge size of the map.
IP IP Logged
hugoloc24
Lieutenant

Posted: Dec 27 2010 at 7:46pm
Well.... Xenadia World is really big and sometimes confused... because I lost 3 times without see the map but the map is really especial because I love some parts :3 ....and the other is have a lot of quests to do

IGN: magician3000
IP IP Logged
needpokemonnimi
Major

Posted: Dec 29 2010 at 11:31am
Reserved- nicely said, support
Bye.
IP IP Logged
alexthebest239
Cadet

Posted: Dec 30 2010 at 11:04pm
hmmmm i think exendia is a very good uptade actually.....it has new features to the game like 3rd job + new skills etc. the best thing i like bout this new uptade would be how the characters walk and stuff because now when u get 3rd job u walk differenlty for me its epic.
IP IP Logged
MJanthony13
Cadet

Posted: Dec 31 2010 at 1:19am
I agree, Xenadia is a great addition to latale along with the 3rd jobs making the game even more fun. I already play the game a lot but this makes me want to play even more. Though i think it should be accesable to players of a lower level
IP IP Logged
ricemaster951
Commander

Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 2:56pm
Xenedia a new world a new land...Throughout Latale out of all tha places, Xenedia's a place to explore. It's packed with new creatures and monsters to battle a new place to grind and the place you get 3RD... I'd say its pretty amazing over there, all tha places to explore the quest given there its all pretty interesting. The map was huge way bigger than any other allowing me to navigate around it and explore. pretty much Xenedia is a upnods- thumbs up xD
IGN: china951

ign: china951 19x strider/19x sd deathsycthe 18x dragoon/14x HL ichina951 14x rw
credits to Wafflesquack~
IP IP Logged
Cadbuary
Lieutenant

Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 7:39am
IGN: Cadbuary

"K lols so since this update has been up for 3 weeks and the contest is ending soon, I guess I should express my opinions about this update now ^_^

This update is really one of the very major ones that I reaaaaally expect and like a lot! Why? Because it totally changes other latalers' opinions about sorcerors hehe... Yes! Elemental Masters are very strong now and are wanted in Expert parties! Unlike in the past I enjoy playing my EM a looooooot now! 4EM's party in Expert is just amazing! I'm sure all other EMs will agree with me But of course, we'd like all the glitches be fixed as soon as possible, especially the one regarding Dark Hole.

Hmmm yes I do have a Lv.193 spear warlord but it's not promoted yet ._. why? Well, I'm from South East Asia and the Vintor dungeon is just an impossible dungeon for me to go through. I understand that GMs have given a temporary solution to this problem but still, it's troublesome and not good enough. Hope they can make the floating portals "nonfloating" lols so that everyone can enjoy Vintor more. Besides, I heard there's a lot glitches regarding dragoons and yeah it's sad to many Melee class people that TDD is not working now lols >_>

Oh yes, Class Set! I hope this bug can be fixed as soon as possible as well lols. My spear warlord is wearing Thunder Set and if I promote him, I'll not be able to play him efficiently anyway.

Well, I don't PVP but I do understand there's lots of bugs regarding it lols. Hope they can be fixed soon too.

Last but not least, the Xenadia world map. Lols of course I love it because it haaas the amazingly adorable little dragons hahahx. Its confusing at least but that's what makes it more adventurous and exciting xD.

Well, overall, I would really like to thank OGP to bring this 3rd job Xenadia update to us! However, I believe they can do even better jobs in bringing more active players into playing LaTale. I like LaTale a lot, so I hope its community can grow bigger and healthier from day to day :)"

I've posted the whole review in ggftw forum, and the following is the link to my post:-
http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-general-chat/87829-xenadia-intro-p-2.html#post1439504

Cadbuary- Spear Dgn. Lv19x & poupou89- Wind EM Lv197
No Prime all da way! Only Superiors or less~
IP IP Logged
KuroiMato
Cadet

Posted: Jan 06 2011 at 4:33pm
My Review:

I think Xenadia is a great place. The background is very detailed and nice, the monsters are good and deliver decent amount of exp relative to level, and there are a (somewhat) plentiful of quests to keep you going for 1 or 2 levels.

However, the first time I visited Xenadia, I was a bit disappointed. I expected something more grandiose, more fantastic, and while a giant area filled with monsters is fine, I expected something a bit more.

But overall, I still think Xenadia is a nice addition to La Tale, and I hope to see many more updates of this quality (or better!) in the near future.

IP IP Logged
yungy212
Cadet

Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 5:03pm
i believe it is a good event. we have been waitin FOREVER for 3rd job and now that you have it i believe alot of players will become more intrested in latale
IP IP Logged
Charmape
Space Cadet

Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 12:48am
Xenadia was a long awaited update and it was quite obvious that most active Latalers were excited for it to arrive. I recently did the quests to get to the third job change, so I would like to focus on my experience of the doing the quests.

The level 40 region is pretty decent in my opinion. The quests are fun to do and the map isn't too overly complicated. However, to get to it will be problematic for those in their level 40's. You have to go through Ves and to Orca Beach, but I guess you could avoid the mobs with ease. Then you have to go through the lv. 80 area which becomes much more troublesome. I know that OGP didn't design this or any part of the update for that matter, but it just doesn't seem to make much sense so I would like to point it out anyways.

The level 80 region is quite nice as well. The quests give decent experience and number of potions.

I haven't experienced the lv. 180 region thoroughly, as my low level prevents me from doing so, but I remember killing a lv. 180 monster with ease and it made me happy :). I like doing quests so when I get to lv. 180, hopefully I will have those quests to do.

My experience with the job changing process was not as pleasant as my experience with the other regions of the map. The long chain of quests was frustrating and annoying to say the least. I got stuck on the quest where you had to collect items from Pants, Basargs, and Linches. I kept dying and dying because the mobs kept respawning quickly and I couldn't knockback them. So after a week of trying, I gave up with the hopes of my favourite guildmate *cough*, would save me from this freakishly bad nightmare. And he ended up helping me do all of the quests which I am gratefully thankful for. At the end of the long 5-6 hours it took to get my job changed, I have to say that there is no way possible for me to have done all of these quests alone. And I don't think the designers of this game intended this to be an easy job change.

In conclusion, I think the new update sparked greater interest in the game and was generally a positive thing for Latale and its community. However! The number of bugs and the time it took to fix these bugs is unacceptable to me and I'm sure is unacceptable to a lot of players. I've honestly never seen a game distributor taking so long to fix a set of game breaking bugs. Yes, this had to end on a bad note. I prefer harsh criticism over outcries of positive feedback.

IP IP Logged
needpokemonnimi
Major

Posted: Jan 15 2011 at 8:14am
IGN: Whirlzap

Here's my review
   I have recently started playing a splendid game called La Tale, which is a 2D MMORPG SIDESCROLLER game. I started as a level 1 warrior and leveled my way. This week, the game hosts, OGPLANET, decided to release a new map and a new era of classes. These classes are unique in style and strength. The new map is called Xenadia, and is one of the most annoying maps in the whole game.

Xenadia in my opinion seems to be a very favorable map. The monsters there give great EXP and are spawning very quickly. However, the map there is very large and quite confusing. I would suggest a warp capsule for each Room there just to help save time. The monsters there go from level 40-180 and is a great place for grinding. The wide variety of monster spawns makes me give this release an average of 8/10. Beautiful scenes can be found in many places. Xenadia is quite the twist.

Following up the release, many new NPCs were introduced and almost a hundred EXP-favorable quests have been implemented. OGPlanet did a great job keeping this release clean and I'd like to say this was quite a special Christmas present. The release was on the week of Christmas. I now strive to get my own third job and I wish you all to join me in all this excitement!

IGN: Whirlzap

And here's facebook where I posted it at:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?m2w
Bye.
IP IP Logged
xVi3tCindy
Commander

Posted: Jan 15 2011 at 1:49pm

Xenadia is a laaaaaarge place, and it's actually fun to explore. There's 4 different sections, one for the level 40 range, 80 range, 140 range (where most of your job advancement is), and 180. Not to mention, there's really great music too!

And if you explore a lot.. you may even find graet scenery.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version