FORUMS
Active Topics | Search | Settings
La Tale Forums / General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Auto Potion (Pet Ability)
Post Reply Post New Topic
Teroga
Cadet
Online Status: Offline

Topic: Auto Potion (Pet Ability)
Posted: Apr 08 2011 at 12:50am
Quote Teroga Reply
Since there's usually not many things to pick up, I'm considering getting a pet with auto pot ability, but is it really useful? Does it use pots non-stop until both HP/SP bars are 100% full, or is there any kind of 'hidden trick' one should be aware of?
IP IP Logged
MrApo
Game Advisors
Game Advisors

Posted: Apr 08 2011 at 2:11am Quote MrApo Reply
It should automatically use the largest available npc potion once you fall beneath a certain %. I think it's 25%? Don't quote me on that though. Either way, I *highly* recommend an auto-loot pet over auto-pot. You can't customize auto-pot pets to use them when *you'd* want them to, and while there might not be many bags at your level (whatever that may be), I can assure you that auto-loot is a necessity in the long run. I'd even recommend an open-shop pet over an auto-pot one.
IP IP Logged
Teroga
Cadet

Posted: Apr 09 2011 at 1:03am Quote Teroga Reply
Yeah, I dismissed the auto-loot because right now (level 4x) there's not a lot of bags to pick up, but if someone experienced thinks it is a must in the long run, I guess I should take his advice. Maybe many more bags dropping all over the place in the futture? Also, I don't wanna get auto-pot and be unhappy about how it is set to act..

Oh, and something I'm not sure of: with auto-loot, do you have to pass over dropped bags (another very known 2D MMORPG comes to mind), or do the items just get added to your inventory as soon as you kill a monster?

IP IP Logged
ChainFenrir
Time Splitter

Posted: Apr 09 2011 at 1:16am Quote ChainFenrir Reply
The bags will be looted as long you stay in the map(let's say you're in map 5-1, you will get all the loot there as long as you don't go to map 5-2) so you don't have to worry about not passing over the bag. The only annoyance from this is you'll also be getting the bags you don't want to get.

IP IP Logged
Silver1117
Major

Posted: Apr 09 2011 at 2:46am Quote Silver1117 Reply
Originally posted by ChainFenrir

The only annoyance from this is you'll also be getting the bags you don't want to get.

Like the Box+Key events that OGP throws at us regularly. The item dropped during that type of event is entirely worthless if you either can't afford to buy the key off players, or buy the keys with real money. It will fill your Event inventory until there is no more room if you do not regularly throw out the stacks that will build up.

I tend to quit playing entirely once one of those events starts, but I make a point of having a spare herb to revive my pet once I do come back. Once you play with auto-loot, it is rather annoying to have to loot everything one bag at a time. Especially in areas with high spawn rates.

Laziness is winning.
IP IP Logged
Teroga
Cadet

Posted: Apr 09 2011 at 2:00pm Quote Teroga Reply

The bags will be looted as long you stay in the map(let's say you're in map 5-1, you will get all the loot there as long as you don't go to map 5-2) so you don't have to worry about not passing over the bag. The only annoyance from this is you'll also be getting the bags you don't want to get.

That sounds great. I was killing Prisprings in Desert Filed 1 today and it took me almost more time picking up all the bags than killing mobs :/
IP IP Logged
TinyRiceBalls
Commander

Posted: Apr 09 2011 at 11:07pm Quote TinyRiceBalls Reply
Originally posted by Teroga

That sounds great. I was killing Prisprings in Desert Filed 1 today and it took me almost more time picking up all the bags than killing mobs :/

Somtimes i dont bother picking up the bags
Pets are helpful tought
Expecailly in Colli
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version