Message Icon Topic: Good Gear for begginers
Post Reply Post New Topic
Lumychan
Cadet
Online Status: Offline

Topic: Good Gear for begginers
Posted: Mar 27 2012 at 4:44am
Quote Lumychan Reply
Hi everyone, I'm relatively new and looking for info.

Wondering how to get some good gear for begginers (meaning, lv10-lv 60)

Is it best to trust the cash shop?
Is it best to go PVP for prizes?
Is it best to focus on upgrades and enchantments?
Are there any particular quests that give awsome gear?

I'm playing a crossbow explorer, btw.

Thanks for the advice! ;)
IP IP Logged
shinymonkeys
General

Posted: Mar 27 2012 at 9:08am Quote shinymonkeys Reply
the cash shop doesn't give stated gear
I don't think you should go pvp for prizes because the weapons given are timed.

gear dropped by instance dungeon bosses (inboke, hyumnu, sphinx) are what I wore until I discovered coliseum.

http://wiki.ggftw.com/latale/Category:LT_Quests_by_Level

Edited by shinymonkeys - Mar 27 2012 at 9:14am

IP IP Logged
ultimapi
HOTR/Heva Clonia
Community Advisor
HOTR/Heva Clonia

Posted: Mar 27 2012 at 9:57am Quote ultimapi Reply
Originally posted by Lumychan

1. For leveling purposes, yes. You'll find lots of stuff to make your leveling go by way faster. For gear, no. You'll need to make some Ely (ingame currency, as opposed to Astros, which is Cash Shop currency) and buy a Toma's Fashion Coupon, which gives you Fashion Equipment when you give it Toma in the map before Belos. Battle Equipment is earned by killing monsters, whether in the field or in instances.

2. No. In this MMO, PvP is just for PvPing. You'll need to do a bit of PvP farming to get certain skills, but other than that, the gears suck.

3. You can do without enchantments until about level 80. You should note that almost every piece of equipment in the game has a level requirement, so upgrading may not work if you're not even at the right level. You have the option to leveldown stuff, to decrease the required level, but this starts to add up at later levels.

4. Not really. Most give generic NPC garbage.

Marivel - La Tale/HotR, Sidewinder - HCO
IP IP Logged
Raphenox
Lieutenant

Posted: Mar 27 2012 at 11:15am Quote Raphenox Reply
Again, for new players with no money in their pockets, hymu (45) < sphinx (65) < class armor (80-120)< 2nd class armor (130+). You could get vintor armor somewhere in the middle of all that, but I find its not worth it since, you can upgrade your class armors.

At the beginning of the game, invoke would probably be an ideal choice, but I find that most people, if they actually decide to play the game instead of being lazy, will reach level 40+ in a few days to a week with just normal gears.  (when i first started playing, reached 24 in 1 day, 30+ in 2nd day, and 40+ in 2 days)
IP IP Logged
Lumychan
Cadet

Posted: Mar 27 2012 at 1:36pm Quote Lumychan Reply
Thank you so much for the info guys. It really helped to get a good idea of things. I'm going to check out the colossium to see how it works and get my guild togetehr for the first instance. ;)
IP IP Logged
Pringless
Ensign

Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:41am Quote Pringless Reply
-I assume you're asking about NPC shops. NO, their equipments are never good. And you get those equipments from monster drops/quests easily. Do not buy any equipments from them.

-NO. The Epic armor for physical class is bad. And it is way too hard to farm enough points to exchange a good set. (unless you're magical class, Epic MAGIC set is good)

-Since you're new don't worry too much about enchants for now. Even you wanted to enchant your equipments won't allow you to do so. Check for the possible enchantment levels on your equipments. You really should start enchanting when you are over level 80 and the equipments allow lv.10 enchants.

-NO.

You should just focus on leveling up to 80 and get a 2nd job before thinking about getting equipments. The best sets earlier in the game are from the bosses, ask your guild to help you kill them. After level 80 go for the "class armor". Try to look for some in auction. People is selling like 300k~400k a piece currently. You will need the class armor with enchantments if you want to survive the mid-game. For the "2nd class armor", they're hard to find nowadays. I tried to look for some in auction but can't find any. They used to be the best armor and being sold all over the place. Now there is this "coli armor" so nobody make those anymore.
If you have no money and don't wanna spend too much time farming coli you can still get the "2nd class armor". To get it you have to beat monster tower, but you probably won't be able to beat it until Lv140 and have 5th skill.
For coli armor, once you are at around Lv110 you can probably solo the beginner coli and farm a bunch of coins. The coli set is good but really expensive to "upgrade" it to high level
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version