Message Icon Topic: Updates.
Post Reply Post New Topic
TwilightofStealt
Ensign
Online Status: Offline

Topic: Updates.
Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 1:20pm
Quote TwilightofStealt Reply
Well, i figured with latale preparing for their own updates the community should start doing some of their own.

Who wants to help update the latale wiki!? :D
My knowledge is ancient.
My spirit is youthful.
My body is sixteen.
Come at me bro.
IP IP Logged
ultimapi
HOTR/Heva Clonia
Community Advisor
HOTR/Heva Clonia

Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 5:57pm Quote ultimapi Reply
I thought about doing that a while back... and then I realized their forums are even more deader than these (pre s2 hype, obviously).

Sidewinder, CelesChere - Heva Clonia Online
IP IP Logged
MrApo
Game Advisors
Game Advisors
Online Status: Online

Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 6:08pm Quote MrApo Reply
a few members are still active, I made this thread a few days ago just to check

As I said in a thread earlier in the week, reviving the wiki would be an immense undertaking, but something I'd love to see done.
IP IP Logged
TwilightofStealt
Ensign

Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 6:46pm Quote TwilightofStealt Reply
Originally posted by ultimapi

I thought about doing that a while back... and then I realized their forums are even more deader than these (pre s2 hype, obviously).

Originally posted by MrApo

a few members are still active, I made this thread a few days ago just to check

As I said in a thread earlier in the week, reviving the wiki would be an immense undertaking, but something I'd love to see done.

Well yes it is dead, and yes we should most likely not start until after season two comes but if I'm correct the ogp main website takes information from the wiki [ especially in the character section] we should at least update the skills, class pictures, items, weapons, ect...

As I said before, I dont think latale will become a better place unless the community comes together and has some input in what happens with latale.

Edited by TwilightofStealt - Mar 06 2013 at 6:51pm
My knowledge is ancient.
My spirit is youthful.
My body is sixteen.
Come at me bro.
IP IP Logged
Rhonder
Captain

Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 6:46pm Quote Rhonder Reply
As I said on the other topic regarding this topic partially (the one made by the person who wants to see guides made for S2) I'd be more than happy to help revive the wiki in any way I'm able, because back before 3rd jobs I referenced it often since the info was a little more up to date (at least with skill descriptions and such)

IP IP Logged
support277
[GM]LunchNess

Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 12:19am Quote support277 Reply
A certain hungry GM will be diving head first into a very similar task - very soon.
IP IP Logged
raisenGr
Space Cadet

Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 12:40am Quote raisenGr Reply
I would love to help updating the wiki! Just point me the way and am typing away! = )
IP IP Logged
montel15
Ensign

Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 5:32am Quote montel15 Reply
I'm willing to help
Monti chuckled. "You mean the moms spaghetti?"
IP IP Logged
Rhavik
Game Advisors
Game Advisors

Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 10:04am Quote Rhavik Reply
Well when we do get season 2 I'll probably finish all that attack data I was doing (I finished all the 3rd jobs but got lazy with the subs). I'll have to double check that all of our data I did because everything was from the korean version... then I'll go do the misc stuff.

But I guess I could start moving it into the wiki. I just don't know if anyone cares about such technical aspects (even if such knowledge is completely invaluable when making your build and you want to know which skills are the most skill point efficient).

Edited by Rhavik - Mar 07 2013 at 10:04am
igns: [GA]Wolf [Elemental Master] | NightOwI [Holy Knight] | Wolf [Strider] | Hawk [Ruin Walker] | Rhavik [Explorer]
Videos
IP IP Logged
Cyrilic7
Game Advisors
Game Advisors

Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 10:08am Quote Cyrilic7 Reply
Originally posted by Rhavik

Well when we do get season 2 I'll probably finish all that attack data I was doing (I finished all the 3rd jobs but got lazy with the subs). I'll have to double check that all of our data I did because everything was from the korean version... then I'll go do the misc stuff.But I guess I could start moving it into the wiki. I just don't know if anyone cares about such technical aspects (even if such knowledge is completely invaluable when making your build and you want to know which skills are the most skill point efficient).

I'm interested in helping players make builds that minimize latency issues (as it seems S2 skills are a lot more varied in animation times than before)

So i'd be interested.
IP IP Logged
Rhavik
Game Advisors
Game Advisors

Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 10:24am Quote Rhavik Reply
Well I don't have full animation times... because the skill data doesn't directly store that. I just have when attacks hit and the little "window" when you can combo skills. I only put down when you can first combo a skill, not the full window. That window isn't particularly useful in most situations. It doesn't directly correlate to the animation length and the only time I used it was when I was helping people with the RM Sky skill.
igns: [GA]Wolf [Elemental Master] | NightOwI [Holy Knight] | Wolf [Strider] | Hawk [Ruin Walker] | Rhavik [Explorer]
Videos
IP IP Logged
Cyrilic7
Game Advisors
Game Advisors

Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 10:47am Quote Cyrilic7 Reply
Ahh okay. ping still affects how quickly we can hit those windows in S2 right?
IP IP Logged
Rhonder
Captain

Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 11:18am Quote Rhonder Reply
^^ I second this. One of the main things I used to use the wiki for was skill descriptions. More detailed info is definitely welcome :3

IP IP Logged
TwilightofStealt
Ensign

Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 6:14pm Quote TwilightofStealt Reply
Originally posted by Rhonder

^^ I second this. One of the main things I used to use the wiki for was skill descriptions. More detailed info is definitely welcome :3

Originally posted by support277

A certain hungry GM will be diving head first into a very similar task - very soon.

Well I hope this GM decides to invite the LaTale community over for a lunch party, so we can help too ^-^

@Rhonder Lol that's the only thing i used it for to, mostly because all the other sections were not helpful at all..... well that and to look at the character pictures for each class [the class section will really need some help.]

My knowledge is ancient.
My spirit is youthful.
My body is sixteen.
Come at me bro.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version