Zone4 Fight District / OGPCast
Message Icon Topic: New Segment Idea
Post Reply Post New Topic     Page  of 3 Next
support218
Online Status: Offline

Topic: New Segment Idea
Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 9:39pm
Quote support218 Reply
As you can see from other threads, we are doing a Q&A segment for the next episode.

If you have a great idea that you think we should do in the next episode of the podcast, post here and we might just add that into the show! (and a cool prize for the idea)

Thank you FailStorm (Pcreisher) for this Sig.
IP IP Logged
dengster
Ensign

Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 9:58pm Quote dengster Reply
Include [GM]Labeba

IGN: Dengster
IGN: Dengster
IP IP Logged
Pcreisher
Time Splitter

Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 10:00pm Quote Pcreisher Reply
CA/MH/GS/GA/ Lounge.

Each CA/MH/GS/GA/who owns a microphone is asked by a support to record an audio file with somethings about him/her.

These can include but are not limited too:
Name
OGP Game(s) played
Why they applied to be a CA/MH/GS/GA/
Do they like being a CA/MH/GS/GA/
Some "inside info" on the life of a CA/MH/GS/GA/
His/her hobbies.

Etc.

And any MH who doesn't have a microphone/doesn't feel comfortable sending a recording is encouraged to send what they want to be know about them in text form to a GM who will read it in his/her place during the segment.

What do you think?

RFIGN: SkyStorm

Edited by Pcreisher - Jan 19 2011 at 9:31pm
Yeah
IP IP Logged
CoolOfCoolst
Major

Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 10:07pm Quote CoolOfCoolst Reply
1. Have the community Send a Msg/Voice Clip about why they like the game they play and how long have they being playing + What they think about the game D:!

2. Have weekly events.
For Example:
This Week: Trivia! - Questions about the game they play -Choose a Limit of Winners(Mostly Random)
1. "Blah Blah Blah?"
Answer: "Blah Blah"
Then reveal the Winners + The Answer in the next week section.

And so on.

3. Talk to your Favorite [GM]!
Everyone send a Voice Clip Asking their Favorite [GM] Something.
Or a
[GM] Talk about the game they like and why they became [GM]'s of certain Game, and/or what other OGP games they play + why.

4. Host Tournaments!
Where the Host talk about the tournament, Who's advancing and who lose, Keeping everyone updated. + Talk about upcoming Events And Updates :>

5. Have Mini games!

RF IGN: Hey

Edited by CoolOfCoolst - Jan 04 2011 at 10:14pm
IP IP Logged
SaviorSephiroth
Commander

Posted: Jan 04 2011 at 10:23pm Quote SaviorSephiroth Reply
Sorry, this branches off of my post in the LaTale forums, here is my input on possible future things.

I am very please with this podcast, I would be glad to lend any assistance/Ideas to help further it along. This is just excellent, the kind of interaction players have been waiting for, for a long time.

Edited by SaviorSephiroth - Jan 04 2011 at 10:25pm
LeArc; 197/RW - Helix; 197/195 Duelist/Judgement
Xileh; 170/Blader

*sigh* That's LeArc Zales. Head Cheerleader, Former-GA, Part-time model.
IP IP Logged
badstorm
General

Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 1:35am Quote badstorm Reply
I don't know if [GM]Default will be the host every single time,
and I don't know if you're planning to do this.

But you should have every GM host a show once,
if they feel comfortable of course. :%7d

Would be awesome to hear everyone!

I think you're doing a great job so far!!! up

And I read a comment that you guys sound uncomfortable,
but to me that's understandable cause it's probably the first time you're doing this right?

Edited by badstorm - Jan 05 2011 at 1:36am
IP IP Logged
CMKGraphics
Major

Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 10:25am Quote CMKGraphics Reply
You guys should have something like interviewing Guild Leaders from  different games on OGP so they can speak on their experience on the game and talk along with you all. It would make things interesting and bring in part of the community into the podcast
IP IP Logged
iSeph
General

Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 12:34pm Quote iSeph Reply
Start hosting these live, and doing the whole 25th caller/poster will get to receive one rare item of their choice in the game of their choice, or just put set items.  Opinions?

Code of the day! Throughout the OGPCast at any given time you give the word of the day. It shouldn't be specified so a player can't just randomly say it, here's how, if implanted, I think it should be done.

With the introduction of the new cast a thread is made in the OGPCast section asking for the code of the day ( which can be a number code, a random word, etc so people can't randomly guess it ). There's a format you'll need to follow for submitting the code.

Game you play: ( A prize will be given for each game, one winner from each game )
IGN: ( self explanatory )

As for the prize I think it should be a lesser prize each time, a 10k coupon, a 7 day Silver British, etc. Nothing big or exclusive.

IGN:  iSeph

Edited by iSeph - Feb 10 2011 at 3:18pm
i'm literally a spider. ^; ;^
IP IP Logged
nakana6
Captain

Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 2:06pm Quote nakana6 Reply
-To implement some type of event into the podcasts, you guys should tell us a password to a secret in game room, and those that make it in first win a prize.

- You can ask us a question somewhere in the podcast, and the first 10 people to answer the question in a thread wins a prize.

-Interview individual GM's about their hobbies, interests, etc.

-Give us hints to what is coming out in near updates.

etc...

IGN: squishyman
IP IP Logged
Jashiat
Captain

Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 5:16pm Quote Jashiat Reply
Originally posted by iSeph

Start hosting these live, and doing the whole 25th caller/poster will get to receive one rare item of their choice in the game of their choice, or just put set items.  Opinions?IGN:  iSeph

Not sure how well the 25th caller/poster would work out, it would probably make people spam up to that number. I know in a flyff event, they had like 6 different numbers up to the 120th poster or some such thing on twitter would win something in game (though you couldn't double post). Ended up the 5 or so people on at the time chatted and posted (me being one of them) as fast as possible in order to get to that number. It was actually a great experience, got to know some other people in the community pretty well, and had a lot of positive encouragement going. But it was pretty much entirely opportunity based, and many people might get mad about that sort of thing.

I'd rather have some sort of post or w/e that you'd really have to think about, like the events in 12 days or Christmas on RF or whoever had the best story/post or other theme about something they ask. I don't know, just something creative.

I like FailStorm's ideas, and the notion to interview guild leaders from the different games. Support there for sure, and it would be interesting to host the podcasts live, but I'm not sure how that would go off. I believe I got a bit off track above, but the basic premise was that nobody really wants to be spammed, and they aren't a real radio station, not sure if they could handle a ton of callers once they announced the event/were on the air.

Some sort of OGP-themed creativity contest would be great, something that involves the players and listeners, perhaps leave hidden messages to figure out in the podcast or something (though that would certainly be hard). Anyhow, enough of my ramble (I'm starting to repeat myself, never a good sign), those are just my basic opinions on what's being said here so far.
RF: Level 32 Soul-Vaniko
LaTale: Level 4x? Warrior-Jashiat
Currently playing a little RF
IP IP Logged
CoolOfCoolst
Major

Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 7:34pm Quote CoolOfCoolst Reply
Originally posted by CoolOfCoolst

1. Have the community Send a Msg/Voice Clip about why they like the game they play and how long have they being playing + What they think about the game D:!

2. Have weekly events.
For Example:
This Week: Trivia! - Questions about the game they play -Choose a Limit of Winners(Mostly Random)
1. "Blah Blah Blah?"
Answer: "Blah Blah"
Then reveal the Winners + The Answer in the next week section.

And so on.

3. Talk to your Favorite [GM]!
Everyone send a Voice Clip Asking their Favorite [GM] Something.
Or a
[GM] Talk about the game they like and why they became [GM]'s of certain Game, and/or what other OGP games they play + why.

4. Host Tournaments!
Where the Host talk about the tournament, Who's advancing and who lose, Keeping everyone updated. + Talk about upcoming Events And Updates :>

5. Have Mini games!

RF IGN: Hey

Add to this.

6. OGP Lottery.
Make a Thread in Each Game Forum, Have everyone to give there number and then lock the the thread and announce the Winners in the OGPCast

EXAMPLE:
Forumer1: 13 57 14
Forumer2: 32 54 87
Forumer3: 45 68 8

OGPCast: Host: Default
"TODAY RUMBLE FIGHTERS WINNING NUMBERS OF THIS SECTION ARE
32 45 87!"

Forumer2: wins Random prize.

Or if no one gets it right

"AND THE WINNER NUMBERS OF THIS SECTION ARE...
13 57 3!"

:>
Forumer1: Gets something of less value.

Edited by CoolOfCoolst - Jan 11 2011 at 9:56am
IP IP Logged
Chucky830
Cadet

Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 4:31pm Quote Chucky830 Reply
nnnnnn
IP IP Logged
Demnchi
Major

Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 2:46pm Quote Demnchi Reply
Originally posted by Pcreisher

CA/MH/GS/GA/ Lounge.

Each CA/MH/GS/GA/who owns a microphone is asked by a support to record an audio file with somethings about him/her.

These can include but are not limited too:
Name
OGP Game(s) played
Why they applied to be a CA/MH/GS/GA/
Do they like being a CA/MH/GS/GA/
Some "inside info" on the life of a CA/MH/GS/GA/
His/her hobbies.

Etc.

And any MH who doesn't have a microphone/doesn't feel comfortable sending a recording is encouraged to send what they want to be know about them in text form to a GM who will read it in his/her place during the segment.

What do you think?

RFIGN: FailStorm

that sounds like fun:V

TipToe and I need a way to prove were twins anyways. lol

But yeah I think doing something like whats in the quoted (even with GM's) would be cool. I also like the idea of holding events for each game durring the podcast, this would drive more people to listen too and inevitable, visit and become aware of the forums (one of the biggest problems with most of these games is that most people are unaware the forums exist).

MH's and CA's or what ever you wanna call us/them can easily make announcments through out the week that there will be events hosted via the podcast (well most of us can do that, I know we can in Lost Saga, Rumble fighter might be a tad harder, I think LaTale also has a sever like microphone, but im clueless on the rest).

If you guys ever do figure out how to make it live and find a way for players to call in, it would be neat just to have a segment just for that. Players call in and ask their questions and then you talk about it for awhile, or maybe they tell a story of something funny that happened, I dunno. xD

My guilds:Lost Saga- TimeHeros/Shadow Era- Acolytes of A1
IP IP Logged
HelloHakio
Lieutenant

Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 3:09am Quote HelloHakio Reply
Game play of the Week or month. Best kill of the Week? Along those lines.
IP IP Logged
Jashiat
Captain

Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 2:37pm Quote Jashiat Reply
Hmm, sort of thought of another idea.
How about you have something along the lines of: Fail/Win of the week? Ask the GMs if anything happened in game or in the office that was a win or a fail.
I think it'd be interesting to see what you guys do in your lives, and win/fails are usually hilarious. Anyhow, just an idea, may add more later.
RFIGN: Vaniko
RF: Level 32 Soul-Vaniko
LaTale: Level 4x? Warrior-Jashiat
Currently playing a little RF
IP IP Logged
kripwalk
General

Posted: Jan 15 2011 at 10:03pm Quote kripwalk Reply
Funniest moment of the week :>

Just pick a random gm and ask them what was their favorite moment that happened that week :> in game obv

rf ign: Boats
Haloo~
IP IP Logged
UtauHoshino
Lieutenant

Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 5:45am Quote UtauHoshino Reply

Well i was thinking maybe you could have some special event in which at the end of each category for each game, you ask a question about what you mentioned for example:

[After talking about latale..]
GM: Now it's time for a little quiz! So we were talking about the latest updates right? So listen carefully!
What is the most interesting update in the recent update?
Send in your answers to                    </where to send in answer>                 
And you may stand a chance to win a              </prize depending on game>      

I figured that this idea would make the players pay extra attention and lets more people know about the OGPcast *Q*

Ouhs and:
IGN: xXUtauHoshinoXx
Game: LaTale!

Edited by UtauHoshino - Jan 17 2011 at 6:07am
IP IP Logged
get317
Major

Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 6:56pm Quote get317 Reply
3-word Story

Each GM says 3-words to contribute to a story. The order of the GMs are randomly picked ahead of time. The story doesn't finish, so players can submit their ending to the story on the forum (without a word limit). For the next OGPCast the winning story ending will be read from beginning to end :D

How it would work:

1. 3-word Story Segment starts
2. GM reads the winning story from last week.
3. One GM starts the story. All the GMs get to contribute 3-words to the story once.
4. Announce that players can submit their version of the story's ending on the forums.
5. End

Rumble Fighter NA
IGN: LovePeace

Edited by get317 - Jan 18 2011 at 6:57pm
IP IP Logged
pwnagebeastin
Major

Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 5:17pm Quote pwnagebeastin Reply
an OGPCast free stuff friday, answer must be in the form of a topic in forum. ign: xNinjaBeastx game: Rumble Fighter NA

Edited by pwnagebeastin - Jan 19 2011 at 5:17pm
IP IP Logged
panik14
Cadet

Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 12:33pm Quote panik14 Reply
OOgm  i need help soulguard have scamm

i gife him 5 normal kays and the most gife me leopard zip up

the are scamm pls helpD:

Edited by panik14 - Feb 02 2011 at 10:52am
IP IP Logged
HHDxTurKz
Commander

Posted: Feb 04 2011 at 6:51pm Quote HHDxTurKz Reply
Include the GM stump event
IGN: TehTurK
IP IP Logged
kaylonadams
Captain

Posted: Feb 20 2011 at 9:26pm Quote kaylonadams Reply
hmmm
IP IP Logged
Yusei321
Major

Posted: Mar 02 2011 at 1:28pm Quote Yusei321 Reply
About the future updates, events, and things like that >:D Also, maybe new [CA]s and who is the top fighter [GM] VS. [GM] to find out :D
IGN: Yusei321

IP IP Logged
Yusei321
Major

Posted: Mar 02 2011 at 1:29pm Quote Yusei321 Reply
Originally posted by panik14

OOgm  i need help soulguard have scamm

i gife him 5 normal kays and the most gife me leopard zip up

the are scamm pls helpD:
You should help desk this with a screen shot... Here's the link:
http://rf.ogplanet.com/en/help/helpdesk.og
IP IP Logged
Salasis
Major

Posted: Mar 14 2011 at 12:39pm Quote Salasis Reply
At a random time in each cast, pose a riddle (not found online) to be answered, or a guessing event, and make a thread available to all forums where players must post their answers. Let the window for answering be at least a a few hours and pick random correct winners, unless you plan on making a definite schedule for ogpcast releases so people will know when to get on for the event and be ready to answer.

Examples of what to do:

For the riddle:

"And now we will announce this episode's riddle! Here it is:

You go in through one hole, you come out through three holes. Once you're inside you're ready to go outside, but once you're outside you're still inside. What is it?"

Then continue on, and wait for people to post their answers...

Answer: A Sweater!

And of course post the winners as well.

OR if you think coming up with original riddles is too bothersome, or people will just steal each others answers:

Example of the Guessing Game:

"It's time for this episode's guessing game! This week you will have to guess... my best friend's first name! Hint, it's a girl. (best to give a hint so people have some direction, and it just makes things like this that much more fun)

And then you continue on with that episode, and wait for people to post their answers, yadda, yadda, yadda:

Answer: Phoebe!

And of course post the winners as well.

IGN: Salasis
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic     Page  of 3 Next
Printable version Printable version