FORUMS
Active Topics | Search | Settings
Redstone / General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Suggestions? If a GM even comes here.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Kyet
Cadet
Online Status: Offline

Topic: Suggestions? If a GM even comes here.
Posted: Yesterday at 7:54am
Quote Kyet Reply
See how staff hasn't replied to any of the ''Hot'' topics I thought I could make this post.
Csquared said send a ticket for suggestions but there is no topic/option for that. Go figure right? All the subjects are ''Issues'' or ''Inquiry'' and I have no issue or a request to seek knowledge? How about a suggestion to add suggestions as a subject?(People of RS I know you probably like why even bother? Because it beats sitting at fountain doing nothing productive at all. No offense for the people who actually social there, but with the recent events can't risk spending money for sphere to start grinding again.)

Csquared said if you want new items in the Christmas Boxes then suggest some? What would you suggest?

I'll be adding more stuff to talk about for people who active go to forums. Might as well make our forum seem active than let Bots take over or seeing more sh*t storm GM rants.
IP IP Logged
lordodoom
Ensign

Posted: Yesterday at 8:18am Quote lordodoom Reply
Any items that are suggested would basically have to be able to be worn by every class, or else any item added that is worth having would create a power unbalance.
IP IP Logged
Kyet
Cadet

Posted: Yesterday at 8:25am Quote Kyet Reply
Dimona's Slave was added to the box but was removed. Not intentionally. However what about the weapon boxes? Those of course have to be class specific. None of those weapons are useful.(Then again Eternal Weapons out class most weapons regardless) I believe that there was already a power unbalance- Look at the longbill and Breath of Goddess?
Archer and Female specific and yet no male counterpart?

Possible you could get a class specific armor added.

Edited by Kyet - Yesterday at 8:26am
IP IP Logged
support275
[GM]Csquared
Online Status: Online

Posted: Yesterday at 11:18am Quote support275 Reply
Hello,

Interesting start, however you may have to go into more detail regarding the items specifically.

ie. <exact item name> <item quality: [Nx]?>

This would make this process quicker as I am not 100% familiar with all items available in the game.

Thanks,

-[GM]Csq

Edited by support275 - Yesterday at 11:18am
IP IP Logged
lordodoom
Ensign

Posted: Yesterday at 12:12pm Quote lordodoom Reply
Here are my suggestions:
black keep (helm
Nike shoes (shoes
Vital seeker (Dxu armor)
serene intruder (dxu armor)
commercial shoes (shoes)
form guard (glove)
mass grip (glove)
pass of prayer (lv 438 350 wisdom its a neck, I didn't get the name exactly right)

Ill add more suggestions as I think of them but this is what I could think of atm. Also if you need any info on items I know basically every item in this game. an I have information sources that has items listed that we cannot even drop (or no one has yet).

~As always your friendly neighborhood monk Lordo
IP IP Logged
FerociousPets
Captain

Posted: Yesterday at 12:40pm Quote FerociousPets Reply
In the Luxurious Box, I would suggest

-Spellbook of Reconstruction (Blue) //The item from Main Quest (Red Devil Reward)
-Twin Rings of Taeguk (DXU ring)
IP IP Logged
Kyet
Cadet

Posted: Yesterday at 12:43pm Quote Kyet Reply
My Suggestions:
Lux Box
Black Aura (Cape UDX)
High Priest Hat (Hat UDX)
Curse of Sig or Frozen Coil (Belt UDX)
Serene Intruder (UDX Armor)
Vital Seeker (UDX Armor)
Statue Boots (UDX Shoes)

Special Christmas Box
Irregular Arian (UDX Sword)
Dragon Twister (UDX 2-h Sword)
Slender Bowstring (UDX Bow)
Philosopher's Spear (UDX spear)
Royal Sculpture (UDX Mace)

Will add more or edit when I can get the proper names of the other equipment.

@Csquared if these do get accepted are these added or will replace the current rewards?
IP IP Logged
Muri90
Lieutenant

Posted: Yesterday at 4:17pm Quote Muri90 Reply
Originally posted by Kyet

My Suggestions:
Lux Box
Black Aura (Cape UDX)
High Priest Hat (Hat UDX)
Curse of Sig or Frozen Coil (Belt UDX)
Serene Intruder (UDX Armor)
Vital Seeker (UDX Armor)
Statue Boots (UDX Shoes)

Special Christmas Box
Irregular Arian (UDX Sword)
Dragon Twister (UDX 2-h Sword)
Slender Bowstring (UDX Bow)
Philosopher's Spear (UDX spear)
Royal Sculpture (UDX Mace)

Will add more or edit when I can get the proper names of the other equipment.

@Csquared if these do get accepted are these added or will replace the current rewards?

No offense but some of them (like black aura and statue boots) are too rare to be in the list. Might as well ask OGP this: Please put items in boxes and remove the extra drop % during PH because we do not need to hunt items.

And again, no offense but getting more items to the boxes would ruin the item hunting lol. Although, I can understand that you want the item Dimona's Slave... since that was already in the box years ago (back when dinosaurs still existed).

However, no other class DxU armors pls. We don't want people running around with an easy fast attack x3 agile tiger (hi senban I love you).

That is all, if you would like to contact me pls send me a private message here/reply to this topic or pm my character: Offline_Thieff

All is love and love is all
IP IP Logged
stonered01
Ensign

Posted: Yesterday at 6:34pm Quote stonered01 Reply
why would we add more items to lux boxes so that more items are available to people who don't know how to use them? not to mention these dxus are supposed to be really hard to obtain. this would ruin the entire point of item hunting. also, it would damage the prices of said dxus.
IP IP Logged
FerociousPets
Captain

Posted: Yesterday at 7:00pm Quote FerociousPets Reply
Originally posted by stonered01

why would we add more items to lux boxes so that more items are available to people who don't know how to use them? not to mention these dxus are supposed to be really hard to obtain. this would ruin the entire point of item hunting. also, it would damage the prices of said dxus.

Not necessarily. People would want the tradeable items more than the non tradeables.

Look at Drake Plume. They could still go for around a bil if it's available.

And item hunt wouldn't make a difference in this server really. The size of the population cannot supply enough good items for the players who break them. Even for a person like me who grinds only so much to drop a necro cavity as my best U.

Besides, I'm sure the boxes could use a change. The same ol'items are getting old.

Edited by FerociousPets - Yesterday at 7:09pm
IP IP Logged
klien85
Lieutenant

Posted: Yesterday at 8:48pm Quote klien85 Reply
Dave mentioned years ago these items should have expire dates like the prem flute has.  A day, a week, month and item is useless.

To many rare items have become common place. Now you people want to make even more rare items common?  I know there are players with 10-20 lux boxes on storage toons with this event being given so many times. 

What kind of new player would want to play on a server such as this?  You guys keep complaining about a dead server, stop asking them to drive nails into it. 

The grind is already ruined in that no one grinds without ph and its been this way for a good yr.  Now kill off the item hunt by making any item worth of value common?

2 things will save this server and bring more life into it. 

Attentive Gm's (game manager) for one. Such as a freind of mine today is locked in a dead guild since the gm (guild master) litteraly withdrew.  Guy gave him an invite 2 days ago and then just up and left.  Now hes locked there for 12 more days in a dead guild because there is No Gm to remove his guild penalty.

Just an on call Gm to handle basic in game tasks would go along way.

2nd thing?  Advertisement, get new players, get away from the current spoiled community that will not play unless someone else is literally playing for them.  4x ph's,  endless plvl, gears that should drop once every six months everyone has.  "Pro" has literally been handed to people.

No offence Kyet, but asking for even more items in the boxes is only tightening this games noose. At the very least make the items time limited like Every Single prem item seems to be.

Edited by klien85 - Yesterday at 8:54pm
IP IP Logged
cloudz02
Lieutenant

Posted: Today at 2:37am Quote cloudz02 Reply
Adding some rare items in a box will completely destroy this game. Lux box items should be hard to obtain, it should be farm/hunt not by killing mobs in town waiting for lux box to appear it's like giving rare DXU items for free. It is the main reason why we don't have an item hunter anymore they all quit because of these boxes. I suggest to remove special and lux box. Dragon Heart, Dragon Horn,Reskill,Restat,etc are enough. Let those lazy players to hunt their own item.
IP IP Logged
Kyet
Cadet

Posted: Today at 4:36am Quote Kyet Reply
Originally posted by klien85

"Pro" has literally been handed to people. No offence Kyet, but asking for even more items in the boxes is only tightening this games noose. At the very least make the items time limited like Every Single prem item seems to be.

I agree 10000000% believe me, but I'm looking at it as another point of view. We need money to even get advertisement or New Staff.(However it seems OGP wants more games than advertisement) Money comes from Spheres and Extractors in which it will provide encouragement if we were to get get new set of items. The items would maybe motivate people to level or purchase and achieve the level to get the gear.

Originally posted by cloudz02

Adding some rare items in a box will completely destroy this game. Lux box items should be hard to obtain, it should be farm/hunt not by killing mobs in town waiting for lux box to appear it's like giving rare DXU items for free. It is the main reason why we don't have an item hunter anymore they all quit because of these boxes. I suggest to remove special and lux box. Dragon Heart, Dragon Horn,Reskill,Restat,etc are enough. Let those lazy players to hunt their own item.

Yes, this is true the rate for the boxes are extremely high. It should have a extremely rare chance to even obtain one in an event. As for Destroying the game not entirely, but I can see where this is coming from. Lets see some comparisons: In JRS or KRS they have heaven anvil and we don't. What does that mean? Rare items aren't completely rare. They have chances to replicate items with prefixes. For what? For the PVP in this server. Yes adding items is unfair but we don't have the resources like other servers to even achieve a balance state. Even then the items are untradeable and people are extremely lazy to do MQ and get 1bil to make them for transaction? Are you worried that players will get better? Not entirely, you still have to make the item to your best of your ability. Don't say pay to win because people have the resources to excel. People are willing to sell you extractors for gold. You can farm for money (before you say LOL 10k gold on ground) Chest in FoT and Oasis give chest with 500k and extreme amounts of gold. You also have MQ as a resource or even the 100k Merchant!
Item hunting. Yes was extremely niche profession. I have mixed feelings about this. One some classes excel at this more than others. Forcing people to play a class they don't want to in order to make their main strong or have a remote chance seem a bit harsh but is reasonable. However, You have to spend a significant time on that toon in order to get the drops you need or even have a chance to get anything worth. You need stats, you need gear, and you need time. People don't want to waste years for a piece of gear. Now, you probably saying well you can just buy it from other people who do item hunt or spend money to obtain money? Then aren't you forcing this ''pay to win'' yourself? Hypocritical much right? Farm gold yourself? Again some classes excel at these rolls than other but yes you can, but remember competitive market. People will also want that rare item and will go out of their ways to obtain that item or have for their ''collection''. Meaning because your class isn't fast or a ''farming'' type makes this extremely difficult. Supply and demand right? 1 Supply, and a High Demand good luck getting enormous amounts of money as a priest. I say this because I myself had to use this ''pay to win'' method to obtain one piece of gear. Butterfly sting. I sold 3 extractor for gold in order to purchase 1 piece of gear and because it was so rare and valuable it made me question do I have to play a class and spend time and resources on another class?
We should have two different servers.
1st with a ''mini power hour'' on 24/7 like 1.5x.

2nd one being a higher drop rate preferably with 2x.

I will explain more on this later but I just wanted to reply and explain my thoughts before calling me ignorant or a lazy noob.

Edited by Kyet - Today at 4:41am
IP IP Logged
AkilesRS
Captain

Posted: Today at 8:16am Quote AkilesRS Reply
Whale, whale, whale...what do we have here?

I just don't understand some people, they claim they want this game to be better yet they make this kind of suggestions that wont bring us benefits at all.
I understand that most of the ones that want super rare items handed in a silver plate don't have the time to item hunt...i'd hate to believe that some people are spoiled brats wanting everything without a bit of effort.
As many of the experienced players have stated before in this topic, if our Publishing Manager or Doge add super rare items to the event boxes then brace yourselves...it will kill one of the game features wich is the item hunting, and not just that, it will mess up with the economy of the game. I've seen this happen before and it will happen again.
Instead of asking for super rare items being handed out, why don't you guys ask for items from the astro shop in the boxes instead? Mix boxes, coating agents, main quest rewards, mystic boxes, etc. It wont happen, do you know why? Because this is all about money and OGP it's good at milking a game to the last cent. Why don't you guys ask for more presence from the Publishing Manager and Doge in the game or more advertising? Most of you fail to see what's wrong with the game.

It's my humble opinion as the God of Prandel.

P.S: I'm happy to see Klien back on forum...and even happier because his grammar it's way better now (ashuahsuauhs i joke ok).
IP IP Logged
FerociousPets
Captain

Posted: Today at 1:12pm Quote FerociousPets Reply
Maybe you guys can consider the other side of boxes.

Free items = stronger players = players more encouraged to grind and item hunt. Since most players quit due to the hogging of items by experienced players

These posts seem rather selfish because all I see is: "If they add that item, it would make mine valueless."

Edited by FerociousPets - Today at 1:15pm
IP IP Logged
xUnderCoverx
Cadet

Posted: Today at 1:29pm Quote xUnderCoverx Reply
Originally posted by FerociousPets

Maybe you guys can consider the other side of boxes.

Free items = stronger players = players more encouraged to grind and item hunt. Since most players quit due to the hogging of items by experienced players

These posts seem rather selfish because all I see is: "If they add that item, it would make mine valueless."

idk, I feel like the the game in drops should have never even gotten this far to date. Like I don't see how it's even gotten to the point where people want the boxes to be updated with new items. The boxes contain some of the nicest DXU's in the game, and should have never had such a high drop rate to begin with in thes events. (HONESTLY, I think it should have been something like, 1 Lux box guaranteed to drop per event, and the chance more would drop would have to be at some very VERY small percentage.)

They ruin the in game economy, and make it so that having something like luck, is useless unless you GvG, because you can just wait around for an event to get items. This allows people to just avoid a stat completely.

(TOTALLY OFF TOPIC)
ALTHOUGH as far as suggestions go I would love to see a bargaining system implemented into the GvG office. Have it set so you can place bets for guilds competing and you earn a small portion of the pot if you guess correct. If something like that is too easy hike it to even higher stakes. Have the gold be put forward by both guilds and at the end of the match the winning guild would get gold split between them according to kill:death ratio idk thats all coding and lots of work just me dreaming.
IP IP Logged
support275
[GM]Csquared

Posted: Today at 1:30pm Quote support275 Reply
Hello Everyone,

This request was from players during the Monster Summon event that GM Csquared hosted. Please stay on topic to the discussion regarding suggestions on reworking out of date mix boxes.

We do understand the community's input on destroying certain features Red Stone has to offer. All items suggested will be reviewed very carefully before implementation.

Thank you for everyone's understanding.

-[GM]Csq
IP IP Logged
FerociousPets
Captain

Posted: Today at 4:54pm Quote FerociousPets Reply
Or we can make a new box that is in the Luxurious box that gives the certain items listed up there but for a low chance.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version