Message Icon Topic: TH or GS? :D
Post Reply Post New Topic
Amarillys
Lieutenant
Online Status: Offline

Topic: TH or GS? :D
Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 10:05pm
Quote Amarillys Reply
Ok, I have the strangest feeling that this has been asked in the forums before... Probably, a lot. But I haven't been able to find it [lol].

I haven't been able to decide between GS and TH--and job change is in like 1 or 2 levels right now. I like the ely [TH] but I also like the concept of guns [GS]. I heard that TH has more "defense", but is that only for the daggers? I was also thinking of changing to dagger if I become a TH (xbow atm), is that wise?

Ok so:
***1> Which is more fun to play [usually], gunslinger or treasure hunter?
***2> Which has more defense, assuming I don't become a dagger th?
***3> What's TH's subclass weapon? I mean, I sort of know what it is, but I don't really know how it works. Is it like the weapon bladers use, or just a fancier term for dagger?
***4> Which is easier to level, GS or TH?
***5> Whatever I missed.... >.>

Heh, sorry if I sound really stupid/indecisive xD And sorry if you don't get what the heck I'm talking about xD So, er, yeah :D
IP IP Logged
Amarillys
Lieutenant

Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 10:07pm Quote Amarillys Reply
Can't find the edit button >.> New question: "which has more damage" xD
IP IP Logged
MrApo
Game Advisors
Game Advisors

Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 10:45pm Quote MrApo Reply
Both have roughly the same survivability, dagger TH's being an exception because they have a shield, and therefore have a decent chunk more defense.

For weapon as a TH, it's whatever playstyle you like. Most find dagger and bow easiest- dagger for its cooldowns, bow for its mob control.

Your mileage may vary on the fun factor. GS is a good class for those that enjoy few skills and cooldowns to manage but definitely not for those that want to see epic high numbers- at least until subjob.

TH subclass (Rogue Master) uses two weapons at once: a normal dagger and a rogue knife. It's like dagger TH crossed with blader more or less.

Probably GS in the earlier levels unless you're well funded. TH takes over in the end as people become more finicky about who they let in their parties.

Probably GS in the earlier levels unless you're well funded. TH takes over in the end as you unlock more skills though.
IP IP Logged
ashton966
Cadet

Posted: Oct 30 2011 at 8:28am Quote ashton966 Reply
Now i have a question... how much money would "well-funded" be counted as?
IP IP Logged
MrApo
Game Advisors
Game Advisors

Posted: Oct 30 2011 at 11:55am Quote MrApo Reply
There's not really a set number for that. Usually when I say well funded I mean one of these:

- you have the capability to farm fairly fast with a 170+ main or

- you can sell astros to obtain money as needed

- you already have the items you'd be buying with that money in the first place (tears, supers, remedies, xp pots, spam pots, and optionally buff foods/syrups)
IP IP Logged
kerbonklin
Space Cadet

Posted: Oct 31 2011 at 9:18pm Quote kerbonklin Reply
What the guy posted are "no life" terms of the word "funded."

Funded pretty much is:
1)+4 class case
2)Being able to get and upgrade a full coli set+accessories/class set/epic set with good enchants. Mainly coli strength or stamina. If you want damage with still good survivability (who doesn't?) then get strength set.
3)Being able to get, upgrade, and have good enchants on a coli weapon. 30%min/max at least.
4)Guild earring/ring
5)Having a fashion set (best for damage is Dragon Poe, 25% max damage and 5% strength/magic)
6)An elemental stone with lv10+30 or higher elemental stone, usually for 2 of these opts (stamina/strength/luck)

Gloves should have 30%+ crit damage
Boots should have +40 movement speed
All other armors of the set should have stamina or strength or luck enchants of 30+
IP IP Logged
kerbonklin
Space Cadet

Posted: Oct 31 2011 at 9:21pm Quote kerbonklin Reply
Forgot to add:

You do not need a lv170+ main to farm for "funded equips"

You can start farming beginner coli and sphinx at lv110 for good money per hour. Even more money if you have a pet with auto loot for coli, and a Dryad pet for sphinx (Open shop allows you to NPC on the spot inside sphinx room, so you can loot EVERY drop and npc it all per run) Also, sell the food items you get at lv90 from atlantis quests. Merch in the auction house. Sell whatever you find that you don't need.
IP IP Logged
MrApo
Game Advisors
Game Advisors

Posted: Oct 31 2011 at 10:13pm Quote MrApo Reply
I am a world class no-life and proud of it~

Also I do not recommend coli str armor set for anyone ever. Your damage and survivability will be better with stamina set thanks to the large amounts of TDD and passive stamina it gives. Coli str accessories, however, are a totally different story and I do consider those very much a viable choice.
IP IP Logged
kerbonklin
Space Cadet

Posted: Nov 01 2011 at 7:50am Quote kerbonklin Reply
Originally posted by MrApo

I am a world class no-life and proud of it~Also I do not recommend coli str armor set for anyone ever. Your damage and survivability will be better with stamina set thanks to the large amounts of TDD and passive stamina it gives. Coli str accessories, however, are a totally different story and I do consider those very much a viable choice.

Apparently your not no life enough to know that stacking coli strength > coli TDD. My GS hits a whopping 1500+ per shot with 760 strength, while GS's ive seen with Coli Stam only do 1000 per shot. THAT'S A 500 DAMAGE DIFFERENCE PER SHOT. And their weapons were just as good as mine.

Stamina for survivability? FK THAT.   The defense is minimum and you dont need all that max HP. Guild set is good enough for max HP. I have 4100 HP at lv126 using strength coli + guild accessories.

Strength stacking coli armor > stamina coli TDD.
If you want TDD so badly just get a Hell Set.
IP IP Logged
kerbonklin
Space Cadet

Posted: Nov 01 2011 at 7:52am Quote kerbonklin Reply
Correction: DUELISTS I've seen. Meaning I do way more damage than lv140+ people.
IP IP Logged
alexqz
Cadet

Posted: Nov 01 2011 at 8:08pm Quote alexqz Reply
Originally posted by kerbonklin

Originally posted by MrApo

I am a world class no-life and proud of it~Also I do not recommend coli str armor set for anyone ever. Your damage and survivability will be better with stamina set thanks to the large amounts of TDD and passive stamina it gives. Coli str accessories, however, are a totally different story and I do consider those very much a viable choice.

Apparently your not no life enough to know that stacking coli strength > coli TDD. My GS hits a whopping 1500+ per shot with 760 strength, while GS's ive seen with Coli Stam only do 1000 per shot. THAT'S A 500 DAMAGE DIFFERENCE PER SHOT. And their weapons were just as good as mine.

Stamina for survivability? FK THAT.   The defense is minimum and you dont need all that max HP. Guild set is good enough for max HP. I have 4100 HP at lv126 using strength coli + guild accessories.

Strength stacking coli armor > stamina coli TDD.
If you want TDD so badly just get a Hell Set.

Dude, with 4k HP you won´t be able to survive expert coliseum, monsters there hit HARD; my dagger TH with around 8k HP (with GOOD armor), I die some times
IP IP Logged
HelloKitties
Time Splitter

Posted: Nov 01 2011 at 11:36pm Quote HelloKitties Reply
You will probably hit harder with Coliseum Strength. People overestimate TDD; it's great for Coliseum, bosses, and PvP. It's really not that great otherwise.

However, Coliseum Stamina comes with the damage boost from TDD and HP, while Coliseum Strength will just give you a bit more damage (depending on the class, too) with much lower HP. It's much better to just put strength on a coliseum stamina set overall for more damage and plenty of HP.
IP IP Logged
MrApo
Game Advisors
Game Advisors

Posted: Nov 01 2011 at 11:50pm Quote MrApo Reply
Katie hit the nail on the head. I maintain my position that if you want high str, use accessories and high-tier enchants. And for the record, I also recommend hell set on top of stamina set~
IP IP Logged
xSaranx
Cadet

Posted: Nov 07 2011 at 7:53pm Quote xSaranx Reply
dude just got owned
IP IP Logged
NoDenial
Lieutenant

Posted: Nov 08 2011 at 7:59am Quote NoDenial Reply
A simple question turned into a full-blown posting war. And somehow every poting war turns to coli sets...
IP IP Logged
Amarillys
Lieutenant

Posted: Nov 08 2011 at 6:51pm Quote Amarillys Reply
Originally posted by NoDenial

A simple question turned into a full-blown posting war. And somehow every poting war turns to coli sets...

LOL. xD
IP IP Logged
MelonGuy
Ensign

Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 4:30am Quote MelonGuy Reply
Not much of a post war. More like some dude coming in, saying MrApo was wrong and he was "OMG U HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS. U HAVE NO LIFE." Then everyone corrected him and he used Flee! MelonGuy won the battle! MelonGuy recieved- Sorry, was playing Pokemon.
IP IP Logged
ChipsAndSoda
Major

Posted: Nov 13 2011 at 9:00pm Quote ChipsAndSoda Reply
Hao2haveexactly4100hp.
Hi, l'm Clumsy & l like to eat JunkFood and drink Caffeine. Kay<3.

Friendship is affordable!
Click me for help!
IP IP Logged
soulnomadx
Major

Posted: Nov 16 2011 at 12:38am Quote soulnomadx Reply
whats 4100hp i has 11345hp :[
IP IP Logged
MisterGlass
Game Advisors
Game Advisors

Posted: Nov 16 2011 at 11:59pm Quote MisterGlass Reply
Originally posted by kerbonklin

Apparently your not no life enough to know that stacking coli strength > coli TDD. My GS hits a whopping 1500+ per shot with 760 strength, while GS's ive seen with Coli Stam only do 1000 per shot.

How silly this whole statement is. 210 strength does not beat 20% TDD on 99% of all targets.

As for the damage, my duelist was pure crit. rate build. No base damage modifications in misc aside from 5/10 Heavy Fire to unlock Hawk Eyes, no strength bonuses from armor, clean coliseum pistols, and 14x. He still managed 1500 easily with sitting and shooting.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version