FORUMS
Active Topics | Search | Settings
SDGO / General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: General info for new players of SDGO(Topic Closed Topic Closed)
Post Reply Post New Topic     Page  of 6 Next
Dragoonza
Space Cadet
Online Status: Offline

Topic: General info for new players of SDGO
Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 4:34pm
This is a general FAQ for new players. If I've forgotten anything, pleas let me know and I'll add it!

Required specs:
Minimum: Recommended:
  • CPU: Pentium 4 - 1.8 Ghz
  • RAM: 512 MB
  • VGA: Nvidia GeForce 4400 Ti or ATI Radeon 9600
  • DirectX 9.0c
  • CPU: Pentium 4 - 2.8 Ghz
  • RAM: 1 GB
  • VGA: Nvidia GeForce 7600 or ATI Radeon X1600
  • DirectX 9.0c

THE BASICS:
Q: What match modes are there?

A: There a good amount of match modes, and they are:

Te
am Points match is where teams will fight for 5 minutes, acquiring points via destroying the enemy! team sizes are 2-4-6, and points gained are C=2 B=3 A=4 S=5

FFA Points Match is the same, except it's a total Free-For-All (FFA)

Team Death Match is a death match mode with lives, and the lives each rank gets are
C=3.8 B=2.9 A=2 S=1.75,   the decimals simply mean their last life is handicapped, starting at that fraction of health. (So an S rank will have full health it's first life, but will only have 75% of it's life upon it's second. They can however still be repaired to 100% by a repair unit)

Battleship Match,
or tag TDM is when you choose one of your battleships to play with. A battleship can hold a total of 10pts. worth of units. Some examples are: 2 S ranks, 2 A ranks and 1 C rank, 1 A and 2 B ranks, etc.

This mode plays just like TDM, except you can tag between your units, allowing a varied form of play and strategy. You get 3-5 tags based on your battleship of choice, with the tag reload varying based on your tag count total.
P.S. Eventually you'll be able to attack with your battleship once a match, but I doubt this feature will be on the NA server upon launch.

Going to skip zone or w/e it's called, no one plays it anyways.

Boss Mode is a unique form of Team Points match, where one at a time a member of each team will be in BOSS status. They'll have "no-flinch" status(meaning melee doesn't flinch them)  and increased atk/def as well. When a boss unit is destroyed they yield x5 their normal point total to the opposing team, however a Boss unit will obtain x5 points from each of it's own kills as well.

Q: You mentioned ranks, what are these/what do they mean?

Ranks are a power classification for units.
C ranks are your run of the mill mass production units, like Zakus, GMs, and the Jegans.
B ranks include some lower class gundams, unique units (Hambrabi, Methuss), and customized mass production models (Gouf Custom, CGUE Deep arms)
A ranks are more distinct units, consisting of high tier gundams (RX-78 magnetic coating, Strike), specialized unique units(The-O, Zeong), and Mobile Armors(Elmeth, Psycho Gundam)
S ranks Consist of flagship units, and top tier units. You'll see mobile armors like the Neue Ziel here, gundams like the Wing Gundam Zero(EW), and final antagonist units like the Sazabi and Susanowo.

Beyond their point and life total differences; higher rank units have higher stats, more diverse attacks, and more unique skills. So where as C ranks will have a standard attack set, a basic set of skills (atk up/def up for example) the Wing Zero Custom(EW) will have two modes(5 weapon total) and the skills booster extension and ZERO SYSTEM.
So lower rank units need to win via spamming their lives, and higher ranks units survive via being bulky monsters of destruction.

A lot like the show, funny how that works...:D
There are also subranks,
U= Custom paint, these units are paint schemes from players on other servers. They tend to play a bit differently from their normal counterparts as well.
R= Rare, these units can only be obtained from capsules and events.
S= Specialized, these units can only be constructed via Mix plans(blue prints basically)

They play by the same rules of their associated main rank, but tend to be a little stronger.( I myself tend to refer to them as 1.5 rank units =P)

Q: Someone mentioned a Rock,paper,scissor system. What is this?

Beyond being labeled by rank, units are also labeled by their type of rock, paper, or scissor.
Rocks tend to be melee orientated, and use less boost to dash horizontally, but use a lot to dash vertically
Papers are your long range and sniper style units. They can dash vertically for very little boost, but horizontally their boost gauge depletes very quickly.
Scissors are your mid game users. They have averaged use of their boost no matter their direction, and their attacks tend to be more based on mid range DPS.

THE GOLDEN RULE FOR TYPES IS THAT YOU DEAL 20% MORE AND ALSO TAKE 20% MORE.
So for example if a scissor is facing a rock, the rock will deal 20% extra damage while the scissor will deal 20% less damage. This is why staying near-ish to your team mates and watching each others backs is almost always necessary.

Q: Is there PvE?

A:  Yes and no.
Yes in that there are mission rooms, where you and a team of 3 other players work together to achieve a goal against NPCs, often times based in a story arc of one of the shows.
No in that there are no other forms of pve and that these missions are short, and GRINDY in order to get the blue prints you desire.

In KR i ran a mission called "Descending Sword" based on an episode of SEED roughly 12 times. This is about and hour and x minutes worth of play. i got 30% of the vouchers I needed for the unit Mix Plan I wanted.

So i hope for all of you, that the rate won't be as low here. It's a game, not a job :S

Q: Is there a player ranking system?

A:  Yep yep! You start off as a trainee, and work your way up from there.
The ranks of Warrant officer to General are, however, based on your player EXP total compared to the rest of the server.
In KR I am a 2nd LT., therefore I'm within the top 30%.

Rank%2021%20general%20of%20the%20army.gif General of the Army 8,130,200 Top player in game (1 person max)
Rank%2020%20general.gif General 5,420,100 (6,471,809) Rank 2-10 (9 people max)
Rank%2019%20lieutenant%20general.gif Lieutenant General 3,613,400 (4,511,719) Rank 11-100 (90 people max)
Rank%2018%20major%20general.gif Major General 2,408,900 (3,148,486) Rank 101-500 (400 people max)
Rank%2017%20brigadier%20general.gif Brigadier General 1,605,900 (2,574,035) Rank 501-1000 (500 people max)
Rank%2016%20colonel.gif Colonel 1,070,600 (1,989,745) Top 1% of people
Rank%2015%20lieutenant%20colonel.gif Lieutenant Colonel 713,700 (1,684,721) Top 2% of people
Rank%2014%20major.gif Major 475,800 (1,481,920) Top 3% of people
Rank%2013%20captain.gif Captain 317,200 (1,182,728) Top 5% of people
Rank%2012%20first%20lieutenant.gif First Lieutenant 246,000 (586,729) Top 15% of people
Rank%2011%20second%20lieutenant.gif Second Lieutenant 186,600 (308,010) Top 30% of people
Rank%2010%20warrant%20officer.gif Warrant Officer 139,000 (178,957) Top 50% of people
Rank%2009%20sergeant%20major.gif Sergeant Major 103,400
Rank%2008%20master%20sergeant.gif Master Sergeant 74,900
Rank%2007%20lance%20sergeant.gif Lance Sergeant 48,600
Rank%2006%20staff%20sergeant.gif Staff Sergeant 25,700
Rank%2005%20sergeant.gif Sergeant 10,200
Rank%2004%20corporal.gif Corporal 3000
Rank%2003%20private%20first%20class.gif Private First Class 1000
Rank%2002%20private.gif Private 400
Rank%2001%20trainee.gif Trainee 0 You start with this rank

Q:What is unit customizing?

A: In short, it's using Custom and OVER custom points to upgrade your unit. These are earned through leveling your unit.

The leveling order of your unit is:
Special attack
Skill 1
Skill 2

Custom 1
Custom 2
Custom 3
OC 1
OC 2
OC half battery(costs less to repair your unit)
OC 4 (you get 2 points)
OC 5 (2 points again)
OC 6 (3 points, but low success rate)
OCEX Allows you to add a small 3rd skill, like .5 of a second longer boost, a point of attack, etc.

The lower the rank of a suit, the better performance increase you'll see from customizing it.

I think that's about it for general FAQ, if I think of anything else, or other veterans let me know of something I'll update this. Enjoy!

ADD
http://www.sdgowiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

This will be your best friend, also if you enjoy the info it provides, DONATE
or ask OG to send them money :V

Edited by support259 - Oct 31 2011 at 10:05am
IP IP Logged
zomfgitsxiah
Captain

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 4:35pm
Hm, nice starter guide this should be stickied or something once the game actually launches.

Edited by zomfgitsxiah - Oct 18 2011 at 4:37pm
IP IP Logged
RocketBarrel
Major

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 4:38pm
Can you post the specs in your guide? I wanna know if my laptop can run it.
IGN: RocketBarrel

I need a sig

IP IP Logged
Dragoonza
Space Cadet

Originally posted by zomfgitsxiah

Hm, nice starter guide this should be stickied or something once the game actually launchers.

yeah i'm hoping it'll help new comers by containing a lot of info within one thread.
I could also put up info on slash cancel and side slashing but eehhhhhh not right now lol.
Later though I might.

Originally posted by RocketBarrel

Can you post the specs in your guide? I wanna know if my laptop can run it.

The game hasn't changed any in the 4 or so years it's been around. So long as your comp or laptop isn't over 5 years of age, or super low spec (like a netbook) then you'll be fine.

Edited by Dragoonza - Oct 18 2011 at 4:39pm
IP IP Logged
iikaRuga
Commander
So Special!

You could add about the mixing plans, shop, and capsules to make this into the ultimate guide o-o
IP IP Logged
GiganticTager
Major

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 4:41pm
Thank god.

Barely understood most of it before but this getting me into it more
IP IP Logged
iikaRuga
Commander
So Special!

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 4:41pm
lol xD, But that reminds me i wonder how will this game start when its the full release will they have the new UI or the start from the very beginning?
IP IP Logged
Dragoonza
Space Cadet

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by iikaRuga

lol xD, But that reminds me i wonder how will this game start when its the full release will they have the new UI or the start from the very beginning?

I'm guessing we'll start at Generation 3 like JP did, and have accelerated patches.

I'm mostly worried that OGPLANET WILL BE DUMB AS HELL AND MAKE A STUPID AS $#!% CASH SHOP.

Because if they do, guess where their player base WON'T be?
Here tense

Edited by Dragoonza - Oct 18 2011 at 4:45pm
IP IP Logged
Terriotar
Major

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 4:45pm
I saw a ton of maps, I'm happy.

IP IP Logged
iikaRuga
Commander
So Special!

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Dragoonza

I'm guessing we'll start at Generation 3 like JP did, and have accelerated patches.I'm mostly worried that OGPLANET WILL BE DUMB AS HELL AND MAKE A STUPID AS poo CASH SHOP.Because if they do, guess where their player base WON'T be?Here tense

What do you mean by make it stupid cuz like from what i seen half the things are cash unless you mean up the prices
IP IP Logged
Resdo
General

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 4:48pm
Can you customize the body parts and color?

Does it cost real money to do it?

Does it affect the stats?

Edited by Resdo - Oct 18 2011 at 4:48pm
Thanks Shiru ;>
IP IP Logged
Dragoonza
Space Cadet

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 4:48pm

I'm guessing we'll start at Generation 3 like JP did, and have accelerated patches.I'm mostly worried that OGPLANET WILL BE DUMB AS HELL AND MAKE A STUPID AS poo CASH SHOP.Because if they do, guess where their player base WON'T be?Here tense

What do you mean by make it stupid cuz like from what i seen half the things are cash unless you mean up the prices

You can obtain everything in game via in game currency, besides a few battleships, but they provide no real advantage.

Cash can be used to purchase s ranks, as to speed up your collection, since s ranks take some time to build. You can also buy some paints with cash, and pilots are cash only (but not needed at all, useful though)

Actually, let add onto that.
all units are obtainable in game, except for BB Senshi units.
IP IP Logged
yoh001
General

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 4:50pm
Sweet. I'll go over this.

^Mirage And Abyss dabes. Seriously, you should check it out.
IGN: LordHao
IP IP Logged
Dragoonza
Space Cadet

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Resdo

color yes, each unit has six paint pallets, to see what paint goes where on each unit, you'll have to wait and see =P

In KR and HK (anyways) there are some paints that cost money, but most are via in game currency. There are also stickers as well.

Nope. Paint your Zetas and Freedoms any way you want :%7d
IP IP Logged
yoh001
General

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 4:52pm

color yes, each unit has six paint pallets, to see what paint goes where on each unit, you'll have to wait and see =P

In KR and HK (anyways) there are some paints that cost money, but most are via in game currency. There are also stickers as well.

I need to go make some plans now....

^Mirage And Abyss dabes. Seriously, you should check it out.
IGN: LordHao
IP IP Logged
superstar25
Ensign

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 4:52pm
Nice guide. Do you know if the specs are similar to rf?

Edited by superstar25 - Oct 18 2011 at 4:53pm
IP IP Logged
Dragoonza
Space Cadet

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by superstar25

Nice guide. Do you know if the specs are similar to rf?

I keep telling you guys, it's not very demanding =P
Also, to those of you like me, with higher end pcs, the game responds quite well to forced AA and such.

Minimum: Recommended:
  • CPU: Pentium 4 - 1.8 Ghz
  • RAM: 512 MB
  • VGA: Nvidia GeForce 4400 Ti or ATI Radeon 9600
  • DirectX 9.0c
  • CPU: Pentium 4 - 2.8 Ghz
  • RAM: 1 GB
  • VGA: Nvidia GeForce 7600 or ATI Radeon X1600
  • DirectX 9.0c

IP IP Logged
nekoitsumo
Lieutenant

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 5:03pm
cash in sd isn't bad, unless they let you buy G with M like in KR

also, the game WILL LAG LIKE CRAZY if you have minumum specs
IP IP Logged
Dragoonza
Space Cadet

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by nekoitsumo

cash in sd isn't bad, unless they let you buy G with M like in KR

also, the game WILL LAG LIKE CRAZY if you have minumum specs

matters how much junk and background proccesses you have though too =P

bt yeah, I none-the-less don't recommend minimum.
IP IP Logged
Resdo
General

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 5:25pm

Oh thats cool.

Is it pay for paint for one part or it becomes avaible to all parts?
Thanks Shiru ;>
IP IP Logged
iikaRuga
Commander
So Special!

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 5:27pm

Can you customize the body parts and color?Does it cost real money to do it?Does it affect the stats?
color yes, each unit has six paint pallets, to see what paint goes where on each unit, you'll have to wait and see =PIn KR and HK (anyways) there are some paints that cost money, but most are via in game currency. There are also stickers as well.Nope. Paint your Zetas and Freedoms any way you want :%7d
Oh thats cool.Is it pay for paint for one part or it becomes avaible to all parts?

There are a set of paint which paints your whole entire mobile suit that color or you can buy a single paint that colors one part of it

Edited by iikaRuga - Oct 18 2011 at 5:28pm
IP IP Logged
nekoitsumo
Lieutenant

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 5:28pm
there are sets

otherwise, you have to buy 1 paint for each part
IP IP Logged
Resdo
General

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 5:31pm
Ah lol. Thx yo. two

Edited by Resdo - Oct 18 2011 at 5:31pm
Thanks Shiru ;>
IP IP Logged
sinnoh65
Time Splitter

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 5:33pm
STICKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 
IP IP Logged
Kaldurahm
Commander

Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 5:48pm
Is the item shop like lost saga? Basically do you pay in game money to rent the mobile suits, and real money to buy a permanent version of the suits?
Leader of Young Justice
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic     Page  of 6 Next
Printable version Printable version